Chapter 41

Sahara did not know what to think. Her Alpha, the she-Wolf she looked up to the most of all the she-Wolves she knew, even her sister, was attacking said sibling, wave after wave of power and dominance rolling off her like tsunamis. Her long white teeth were slightly digging into Etna's throat as the wolf writhed on the ground beneath her. It wasn't enough to break skin, but it was definitely close to it.

Alpha Cassandra what are you doing? she cried out into the link, surging towards them.

However, the large white Wolf she'd seen at the entrance to a small den on the outskirt of the clearing now stood before her. He wasn't in any kind of dominant stance, he was rather relaxed, but he wasn't submitting either, if the eye-contact meant anything. His silver eyes were disturbingly clear and knowing, boring into her own like hundreds of bright, century-old stars.

What are you doing, Milady? Cassie has every right to show dominance towards Etna, as she just challenged her and hurt her deeply emotionally. She called her a slut, and broke the Pack ties she had with my soulmate and Alpha. She deserves it.

Sahara paused for a moment, long enough for Geri's dark form to come up behind her and nuzzle her neck in comfort.

Etna wouldn't do that, she's my sister!

The male's gaze drilled into her as his nostrils dilated in quick, short breaths. He was probably smelling for family bonds.

Your sister is a traitor, Milady. But you can try and come calm her down.

He backed out of the way and observed her keenly as she stepped forward.

•••

Meanwhile, Freki was stunned to a stop as he finally took in his Alpha Queen. All of a sudden, it was as if he was filled again. Eclipse had fixed him, and now he was like a jar, no longer broken and now able to retain water or—in this case—joy. Tail wagging delightedly behind him, soft yips coming from his muzzle and eyes shining with an inner contentment, he turned to his beautiful soulmate.

It's her, Eclipse, that little shrimp is my Queen! Oh my God! Do I look good? You do, you always look good even right now with mud all over the place. Do you think I'm too immature to serve a Queen? Maybe not I'm already serving you and you're an Empress at least. I'm so nervous Eclipse what am I supposed to do, how should I act?

The large gray she-wolf shook her head, tongue lolling.

Relax, big boy. I know her. She's my Alpha. She's a tough cookie, but as long as you respect her and don't call her shrimp it should be fine. She likes having fun too, I suspect, as long as you don't challenge her to the point of her wild coming out.

Freki nodded attentively, like a child listening to his teacher.

Okay. Uhm, why is she currently making another Wolf submit?

That, my dear Freki, I do not know. However, knowing Cassandra like I do, I suspect she has a good reason for it. One that doesn't just involve a simple play-fight.

She's powerful, he linked, dragging out the last word.

Yes, she is. I saw her fight in her wild's shape, she was absolutely deadly. I would not want to go up against her like that.

You fight really well too. Like, you could probably beat me, if you had the motivation to.

Aww thanks, Freki. Now let's go see your Queen, it seems as though she has managed to make the she-Wolf submit.

     Indeed, Etna had finally relented, her tail tucking in between her hind legs as she licked at Cassandra's chops in a submissive manner.

     She turned towards the two Wolves standing at the head of the small Pack of females and immediately her ears perked up in alertness.

Eclipse!

     She twisted her head to the side and saw a distraught looking Sahara linking a murderous Etna. It took only a sniff to realize they were of the same blood.

Sahara! Etna is your sister?

     Sahara nodded.

But no longer if she really tried to challenge you because you grumpily asked her to stop fidgeting. You didn't deserve for her to hurt you like that and destroy the purest form of trust, even if you did snap at her. Nothing warrants that much pain.

     Geri watched his Alpha Queen solemnly blink at Sahara in appreciation before turning to him. Immediately, her back stiffened, tail slightly raised, ears pricked, nose sniffing the air and hackles just barely staying down.

Who are you?

I am Geri, Great Warrior, and you are the beholder of Amarok's wild. I do not know you, but I hope you are fair because I will lay my life for you. Sahara is my soulmate.

     Quietly, he bowed his head.

     Cassandra stared at him from her small height, her golden gaze unwavering for a second, and then—

You better treat her right or Gods help me I will castrate you with my claws, and let me tell you I haven't sharpened them in two days.

     Geri gulped.

     Freki walked up to her, Eclipse by his side. The two she-Wolves treated each other with cheek rubbing small yips of contentment before Cassandra focused her attention on the white Wolf who's head was adorned with strange, golden markings.

If he is Geri, then you must be Freki. I am Cassandra, Alpha of the East Clan.

Well you know my name, so no point in presenting myself, right? I'm just a Wolf with an immature brain who's terrified of a shrimp like you.

     Cassandra's golden eyes sparkled in amusement.

Shrimp are foul creatures, Freki, I do hope you won't compare me to one in the future. Find something more creative, and Gods help you if it's 'Little Wolf'. Fenris already calls me that enough. Call me something like Ferret or another dangerous small animal.

I think Shrimp will do just fine, Alpha.

     Cassandra mockingly glared at him in warning.

Careful there, Freki. Eclipse is my friend, and your soulmate. You do not know how much good information I can get from her if I ask.

     Their playful banter was interrupted by the arrive of three wolves in the clearing, dragging the dead carcass of a deer buck between them. Lycaon, Morrigan, and the Beast had arrived, and by the way they suddenly dropped their prey to lunge at Geri and Freki, the bond uniting them had not been severed. The Great Warriors were one again.

THE END

A/N) THE END!!!! And I am not kidding! Of course, it's not the end of Cassandra's story. A new book will be coming, who's title I still can't come to terms with. It'll be a continuation of the story, with Luna and the East Clan and everything. It will come either next week or the week after, so stay tuned! *internally hoping the second book will actually come because God knows my brain works in mysterious ways sometimes and it might not fart something acceptable until a long time*
- Lexie

Will you read the next book?😂

I'll probably be writing it on late nights and then reading it the next day like, htf did I write this?