Chapter 20

2 days later....

We arrived in Virginia a couple of hours ago, and now we're huddled together in the hotel bed, watching TV. Neither of us are really paying attention to what's on the screen, we're just enjoying each others company. I glance outside at the darkening sky, nudging Courtney. "Wanna go grab some dinner? We could have our first official date." 
Her face lights up, as she throws the covers off herself. "Yes! Let's do it." She skips to her suitcase, removing a dress from within. "I'm gonna go get changed in the bathroom." 
I smile at her, picking out the suit I brought with me. 
After we'd both changed, we linked arms and left the hotel.

...

Soon we are sitting down at an Italian restaurant down the road from our hotel, called Isle-of-Capri, holding hands across the table. We already ordered and now we're just waiting. I smile at her, as she gazes as me. After a couple of minutes, Courtney breaks the silence. "Sorry, I gotta go to the bathroom, but I'll be back in a minute." 
She grabs her purse, making her way to the other side of the restaurant. 
I stare down at my origami napkin, listening to the clink of cutlery and low chatter of people talking. Suddenly a hand is placed on my shoulder.  "Oh you're back already, Court-" I stop. It's not Courtney. "Kristen? What are you doing here?" 
She is wearing a skin tight black cocktail dress, with painted nails to match. "Oh, I was just in the neighbourhood. Thought I'd come and say hi." Her tone doesn't match her innocent words. 
Kristen squeezes my shoulder, and I stiffen. "Please don't touch me." 
She ignores me, glancing behind her. "Wait for it.." she whispers to herself. 
I glare at her, trying her remove her tight grip from me. "What are you talking about?" 
I spot Courtney exiting the bathroom, as Kristen places a knee on my legs, pinning me down before grabs my face, kissing me. 

...

Courtney's POV 

I dry my hands with the paper towel, taking my purse off of the sink. I'm so glad Shayne proposed the idea of going to Virginia. It's gonna help take my mind off things. I smile to myself, exiting the bathroom. Shayne and I lock eyes before he kisses another girl. I can almost feel my heart breaking as I drop my purse onto the floor. Tears fill my eyes as I scoop it up, running out of the restaurant. It's raining buckets outside, but I don't care, I have to get away from him.
How could he do that to me?

...

Shayne's POV

I break out of the kiss, shoving Kristen off me. "What the hell  is wrong with you?!" 
She falls to the floor, one of her stilettos cracking. She looks shocked as I leap over her, racing towards the exit. I can't let Courtney get away, she's the best thing that has ever happened to me. I spot her pulling her heels off, running further down the street. 
"Courtney! Courtney wait!"