Chapter 3

As I am practically dressed already, I decide to just change my shirt, so Courtney can't tell me I wear the same one everyday. What can I say, I just love that shirt. 

I open my cupboard, taking a box of muesli bars, then snatching my car keys off the counter. I throw my front door open, locking it behind me and walking down to my car.
I press the key, and the lights on the car flash quickly. 

I start the engine, turning the radio up. I absentmindedly hum along to the songs, driving as if I am on autopilot.

In about twenty minutes, I reach the office, which is where we are shooting. I unwrap a third muesli bar, opening the door. 
The first person I see is Courtney. She smiles, jogging over.
Then she stops, the smile gone. "Are you okay?" she asks, a slightly worried look crossing her face.

"I'm fine. Why do you ask?" I try to smile, failing miserably. It's finally starting to sink in that Kristen is out of my life. 

"You look really sad. Did something happen?" She lays a hand on my shoulder. Her hand is warm. "You can tell me anything, you know that?"

I inhale deeply, preparing myself. "Kristen cheated on me. With her ex." It was surprisingly easy to tell her.

She slides her hand off my shoulder, dropping it down to her side. "That's really shitty. I'm sorry."

I nod. "Yeah, it is pretty shitty." 

It seems like Courtney wants to say something else, but right at that moment, we are called to set. She looks slightly relieved as she turns away from me, going to talk to Olivia. 

I slip my keys into my pocket, tearing my eyes away from Courtney.

I wonder what she had wanted to tell me.