Late Night Moments

"You know, I think if you were any cuter Amon would have simply exploded from adorableness."

Korra can't help the smile that squeezes onto her face at Asami's pretty words. "Would've saved me a lot of time, that's for sure."

When Asami laughs and wraps her arm around Korra just that little bit tighter, Korra can't help but sucking in a long, nervous breath. Asami always manages to make her weak at the knees, but Korra also feels brimmed with ecstasy at the beautiful sound of her laugh.

"See?" Asami says. "You're doing it again and you don't even know it. I swear I could just –" her words cut short and fall into the air around them, pushing the warmth of their surroundings and relaxing every inch of both girls.

It is night time and the girls are in the local park, leaned up against Naga as they hug and fall against each other. The smiles on their faces are stuck there, and as Asami gives a small laugh and looks down to their entwined hands, she watches as she plays with Korra's tough yet surprisingly delicate fingers.

"If I'm adorable, it's only because you make me so happy."

Korra's words are like a haze of calming fire – Asami can feel the tickling happiness of her heart and an overwhelming feeling dizzying her head – and Asami can't help her gaze snapping up to meet Korra's again. Korra's face has the hue of red, but her blue eyes stare into Asami's green with every inch of confidence.

"You're so adorable." Asami replies, but it isn't teasing anymore. Her voice is a whisper, and her words have more conviction than she means them to. "I can't believe I got so lucky to be with you."

Korra's smile is small and flustered, and her voice wavers slightly to match. "Please." She says. "I'm dating a gorgeous, rich, mechanical genius who's way out of my league. I'm the lucky one."

Asami leans her head closer, their noses brushing, and says: "And you're the Avatar. I think I'm luckier than you."

But then Korra raises an eyebrow, smiling, and she closes the distance between them even further. Her voice is teasing and smug but contains a level of uncertainty to it that Asami knows is nerves. "Well, my girl's really hot and I get to watch her when she's all sweaty and bent over a car."

Asami parts from her slightly and turns out to face the park. She laughs, giving Korra a little push. Yet, the two find themselves just as close as before, despite what little distance had been created. "I knew you liked that, you little liar."

Korra shrugs and nuzzles into Asami's neck. "What can I say?" she mumbles, the vibrations and her hot breath against Asami's neck send a shiver throughout her body. "You're just really beautiful."

Asami feels her eyes flutter close when Korra doesn't move her head, and she gives an almost incoherent "So are you." before completely melting into the Avatar's touch and falling victim to the sweet kiss she placed on her neck. When Korra places another gentle kiss, what can Asami do but lift her head up slightly and sigh, a brief murmur of words forming an: "I love you."

Korra moves her head from the crook of Asami's neck, her hand pulling itself from Asami's and then resting it on Asami's face, turning the raven-haired girl's head to look at her. She plants a small, delicate kiss on Asami's red lips, a beautiful rush of love passing between the two girls as they share this moment of intimacy with the whole park. But it is empty, and even if it wasn't, all the girls can see is what is right in front of them – and they are certainly no strangers to each other.

"I love you, too." Korra says breathlessly. Her hand is still resting on Asami's face, her eyes closed in complete relaxation.

When she feels her beautiful girlfriend's lips on hers again, she replies immediately.