Rumor Has It

There she sat. At a stupid informal high-school dance. Korra crossed her skinny Jean covered legs and took out her phone with a sigh.

She didn't even know why she was there. Korra wasn't with anyone, and her 'friends' had dragged her along. Though they were nowhere to be seen. She knew it weirded them out, but she knew they would never tell her.

"We are behind what ever you're for." Bolin had told her the day after the rumor spread.

Is it a rumor if its true? No its gossip. Someone, somehow, somewhere, told everyone in the school she was Bi. Korra set her head back against the gym wall, thinking back. She had never told anyone, not Mako nor Bolin, not Tenzin, not even Pema. Someone had to be spying... or... snooping through her stuff.

Korra sighed, no one would look at her the same anymore. Especially when people found out who she was Bi for.

The perfect, most popular, most beautiful girl in the school. Asami Sato.

Now school was hell for Korra, why was she even here? Maybe Mako and Bolin thought if they could drag her to the dance she would get over her crush for a guy.

Korra sighed again, there was Asami walking through the gym doors with a bunch of friends. Her and Asami made eye contact, but Korra quickly looked away and stood up. Korra put away her phone and walked over to the food table.

"Hey Korra."

Korra recognized the voice of Bolin quickly and turned around.

"Hey." She said back, sounding absolutely miserable -because she was.

"Are you okay?" Bolin asked with genuine curiosity, "You were sitting over there for about an hour."

"No Bolin, I'm not. I'm alone in a crowd." Korra said squeezing her brow. "How did my only secret get around the whole school?" She whimpered.

"It'll be okay." Bolin said pulling her into a hug.

"Thanks Bolin." She said as he walked away.

Korra turned back to the table, stress equals hunger. Then again she didn't have an appetite, so she just grabbed a pop.

Korra leaned up against the table. Asami and her had talked, and were just becoming friends. That is until she was shoved out of the closet. They had stopped talking once everyone else started.

Korra looked to her right and saw a circle of girls whispering, and occasionally stealing glances at her.

She just rolled her eyes and looked out at the mass of a student body dancing near the stage.

Korra looked back to her right when there was obnoxious and forced laughter. She glared at them and showed them her middle finger.

One if them -deciding they would be a smart ass- swooned, and made a heart out of her hands back at Korra, obviously mocking her about being Bi.

Korra growled and couldn't help but feel a flame grow in her hand.

"Don't give them the reaction."

Korra swung her head to her left, more pissed now, but almost choked on air when she realized Asami was standing next to her, putting things in a small paper plate.

"You- I mean, I wasn't- they- er..." Korra sighed at herself, "hey Asami."

Asami giggled, and put a chip in her mouth, which in turn made Korra blush.

"They're just being stupid. Don't let them tease you like that." Asami said eating part of a cookie.

Korra opened her mouth to say something, but then closed it. If Asami was going to talk to her, even after all the gossip, -which obviously she would have heard- Korra wasn't going to question it.