Twin Flame: Part 1

Korra woke up in a daze under a pile of rubble. Her ears where ringing and she could hear faint sounds of brick and glass falling to the floor. It sunk in where she was and what had just happened. Kuvira had used her spirit weapon to blow up the factor they were hiding in.

She tried to get up but her legs were pinned down by a fallen metal beam and heavy brick. Quickly she used her earth bending to remove the rocks from on top of her. Crawling out of the small space where her body was thrown, she scanned the wreckage. There was smoke and fire everywhere.

Coughing and holding her side, she looked down at herself to see blood soaking into her usual bright blue water tribe furs.

"I have to find a way out of here." She thought.

Finally it hit her. Her friends were probably pinned under the rubble just like she had been moments ago. Or worse. Franticly she searched the destroyed building for any sign of life.

"Asami! Bolin! Anybody!" Korra screamed, chocking on the thick smoke she inhaled with every breath.

The building was still coming down around her, she needed to find everyone and fast before it completely collapsed. To her left she hears more than sees someone moving. Running towards the pile of rocks she swiftly bends it out of the way to find Bumi and Opal.

"Are you guys okay?" Korra asks.

"We're fine." Opal says, getting up slowly.

She and Bumi used their air bending to cushion the falling rocks so they wouldn't be crushed to death but they couldn't bend properly to get themselves completely from underneath it.

"Where's everyone else? Where's Bolin?" Opal fires off.

"I don't know yet. We have to keep searching. You and Bumi split up we need to find them fast, this whole place is about to come down." Korra says and quickly goes off to find the others.

Running in separate directions they each start to search for others. Bumi finds the other airbenders already out of the rubble thanks to Tenzin, Mako and Jinora, while Opal finds Bolin and her family.

"Asami! Asami where are you!" Korra screams.

Frantically she picks up half of the roof that had collapsed in on the factory after the explosion, and throws it into the river. This sudden upheaval makes the rest of the building unstable and it begins to shift drastically.

"The building is coming down we have to get out of here!" Mako yells, helping Varrick and Zhu li stand up.

"No, not without Asami!" Korra roars.

"Korra if we stay here any longer we'll all in up under brick and mortar again." Suyin says slowly, her wounds clearly causing her trouble.

"I'm not leaving here without her! Tenzin, Opal you guys guide the airbenders out of here. Bolin, Wei and Wing you can create a path so you and the wounded can walk out of here. I'm going to keep looking for Asami." Korra demanded.

"No, I'm staying to help." Mako said.

"No, you are not. There are too many wounded who can barely move you need to help carry them out. I'll be fine. All of you go, you're wasting time." Korra yelled before running off to continue her search for Asami.

She had been searching for Asami for about 3 minutes before she heard the beams starting to give way. She had to find her now or she might never see her again. Fighting through the pain in her still bleeding leg and whipping away her tears, Korra tripped and fell to the ground.

Pushing herself up she saw a pale arm sticking out from beneath what used to be the metal door to the room. Rushing over as quickly as she could, she throw the door off of Asami.