Chapter 37

The sign to Stonerz had curly handwriting with multiple colors on it such as red, green, black, and purple. It was hidden in the middle of the trees. They must have really been drug lords, Lainey thought to herself. Lainey raced into Stonerz.

 She thought of her interactions with Chard, Codebreaker, Nathan, and her goodbye calls to everyone she wanted to say goodbye to. What about her parents and her sister? Her mind drifted back to Codebreaker and Piopold confronting her about going to Mars. "They want you to learn a lesson on your own,"  her Rider nature said into her mind. Her Rider nature wanted to get revenge on Pumpkin and wanted her to stay here to fight for herself. She didn't know if her Rider nature wanted her to fight for the planet or not. She recalled their interaction when she had been in the shower with the memory-erasing device.

 She hadn't used it. She had some good times recently. She was determined to get to Mars, away from this mess. Thanks to methods like Stenack Ca where the Lizard and his people watched Earth and how they used salt in those methods, Lainey highly doubted that Riders would want to be on Mars. Once they had little, they wanted more and they would never stop until they consumed everything. Nathan. Her heart sped up. In the middle of the night last night before Lainey had gone officially into the shower, she had written a new song called 'What have you done to me and why have you done this to me?!" It was a song about a person she hadn't trusted at first, had grown to trust, and wanted to see more of. She couldn't believe he had done that to her.

 Christopher Tom. He had broken up with her. She thought of how Nathan had been loyal to her and how he was interested in what she had to say. He was a person who wanted good in the world and was fighting from the inside of the enemy faction to reform it. You couldn't choose who you were infatuated with, and Lainey had written a song inspired by Nathan quick. She didn't know if it was love. She doubted it. She had to have more evidence. She wanted to see him more. Love was a silly thought, but she had to see more of Nathan.

 She saw people as she entered the club. People were clinking glasses in one closed off section of the club. In another section of the club, people were slam dancing in a ring. In the center of the club past the dance floors, the last artist had gotten off the stage. It was Lil Marco.