Chapter 2: Weeping Girl

Chapter 2:

The rain had finally stopped and I made my way home. I felt a little strange after my encounter, but I disregarded it. My dress was heavy due to the dried clusters of mud and water. It began to drag on the ground and I just wanted to strip it all away.

The little gal from that night left soon after the rain stopped. She said something about having to go home before rain could interrupt her passage. I really hoped it wasn't my imagination. Fairies are real, now I know, and I won't tell, like she asked. I wouldn't have told anyways. Others would think I were crazy.

As I approached my house, I could hear the exclaiming voices inside. I've learned to ignore them over time but it doesn't ease the ache in my heart.

"Indella! Where have you been?!" Katrina exclaimed.

Katrina wasn't exactly my mother, but in some ways she was. When I first met her, she asked me to call her mother but I never really. She only insisted once and once wasn't enough, so I've only called her by her name. She has not said anything.

"Katrina calm down. I've only been under a leaf away from the rain." I sighed as I took off my muddy shoes and walked towards her.

"Oh my goodness, Indella! You're so... dirty!" Sedena cried as she came down the stairs and saw me.

Sedena was like my sister or something. She's Katrina's daughter, I believe. She can be so... amazing... sometimes... Not really...

"Sedena calm down! Will you all just calm down?!" I shouted, silencing them.

Then, Katrina squashed her face together as if she ate something sour. Her expression changed by the minute, no, second.

"Indella! That is no way to talk to us!"

I groaned and walked away to my room.

"Indella! Don't you walk away!"

I groaned once more. I swear the neighbors could hear.

I entered my closet of a room and sat on the wooden chair. My life has really gone wrong. I stared out the window and looked at the rising sun. The night had already fallen. I hadn't noticed.

The sky turned a deep red spectrum to pink and orange. I've always wondered if the sun was bleeding, bleeding out its heart.

I looked away and decided to take a bath or something and change. I felt as if I was coming with a cold, but I highly doubted it.

I grabbed a nice pair of dress and some slippers and headed towards the little pond where I like to swim. The air felt chilly but it was fine. I just hoped that the water wouldn't be too cold.

As I approached the clear pool of water, I began to hear the weeps of a sorrowful cry. It frightened me at once but as it continued, I pondered over to where it came. There, I saw a young girl weeping against the head of stone under a tree. Her hair glowed of the colors of the sun as it dragged on down to the ground. I approached her carefully as she held her head up for me to see. She looked beautiful, the way she moved was graceful.

"Hello." I said.

She sniffed and wiped the tears from her cheeks. Her delicate hands brushed against her dirty dress as she looked at me with her red rimmed eyes.

"Who are you?" she asked.

Her voice was delicate and sweet. Kindness held still in her. She seemed as if she couldn't hurt a fly.

"Me? My name is Indella." I answered cautiously.

"Indella..." she mumbled.

"What is yours?"

"You don't need to know." she replied and looked away, seeming almost ashamed.

I stood there for a moment, stunned. Her voice felt cruel but deep inside, held the sadness that sat in her heart. I noticed her pitiful dress, bleeding with cuts and stains. It seemed as if that were all she ever wore.

"Would you... like my dress?" I offered, holding out the neatly folded dress.

She looked at me, anger flaring in her eyes. I knew I had said the wrong thing. Nobody wants to be pitied.

"I don't need your pity!"

I blinked once, then again, I did so twice. She furrowed her eyebrows and then stood up, patting her dress. Her eyes rested upon me once with a glare and she set out away from this place. I frowned at the way she acted, but yet again, I saw her in her most pitiful form.

I wondered if she came here a lot. My eyes wandered to where she crouched. It was a grave, printed with the name of a woman I knew well.

A stray tear fell down my cheeks at the memories. I placed the dress by the stone as my other hand traced the little letters imprinted on them.

"I am sorry I have forgotten." I said sadly and stood up to carry on my way.