Look I KNow She Sees Sam and Them Before The Bike Thing, Don't Roast Me

Usually when Bella woke up before seven, it was because a night terror had left her screaming and shaking in her bed, and Charlie had to come wake her up.

This time, it was because she had received a phone call.

"Hello?" she hoped she said that out loud, and coherently.

"Bella! She's done!"

"Wha?" Bella wiped drool from her mouth.

"I finished Samantha!" Jacob yelled excitedly.

That woke her up. "Without me?"

"Sorry, sorry, I know! I just, I woke up this morning, and couldn't sleep, so I decided to do some quick work on Samantha, and she started! She's good to go!"

"Really?" Bella couldn't stifle her embarrassing squeal.

"Really! Bella, we've got to take her out today!"

"Okay, okay. Well, first of all, don't think you're forgiven, because I'm still pissed you did it without me, and secondly, we have school."

"Ditch! Please?" he begged. "Your dad will understand, come on!"

Bella sighed into her hand, but smiled. "Yeah, fine. But I've got a test first period, so I'll pick you up during lunch."

"Okay, see you then!" Jacob hung up.

Damn that boy, trying to take all the glory.

Bella's smile turned into a huge grin. Damn, it felt good to accomplish something.

She couldn't wait to take her for a spin.

Her first two periods passed at a snail's pace, but soon enough she was zooming over to the school on the reserve.

Jacob was waiting for her by the school's sign, so she didn't even have to pull into the parking lot.

"Come on, let's motor to my house. My dad's there, but if we're quick he won't be able to stop us."

"Rebel, rebel."

"Yeah yeah, just go."

Samantha was set up in Jacob's driveway, and they managed to load her on seconds before Jacob's dad opened the door.

"What are you two doing? Why aren't you at school?"

Bella froze.

"RUN!" Jacob threw himself into the passenger seat.

"Sorry Mr. Black!" Bella hopped behind the wheel and pulled out. "He's going to kill you."

"Keep driving, consequences are for the weak."

"What does that mean?" Bella squawked.

"It means I have twenty excuses, fifteen apologies, and three I'm Sorry gifts lined up."

Bella nodded. "Impressive."

"Why, thank you." he bowed. "Now, let me set up the GPS. I know a good place to try the bike out."

After driving for around twenty minutes, they pulled up beside a lake.

"There's some trails here that lead into the woods, and they're wide enough for Samantha."

"Nice," Bella exited the car and moved to get the bike down.

"Ah, it's okay." Jacob picked it up, using two hands this time. "So, you ready to go?"

"I'm going first?" she raised a brow.

"Only fair, since I finished it." he shrugged.

"Aw, thanks Jacob." she swung her leg over the seat. "You're still not forgiven."