Chapter seventy

No one can define us, we are who we want to be.

In a flash, in a twinkle of an eye, less than five seconds and before I can say the letter "A", Amy pulled me to a corner which can't just be notice by anybody and said, "Donnica, we can't both leave here alive, take this," she gave me her phone. "Go and look for help while I surrender myself."

I could hear the footsteps getting nearer and I wanted to protest that it was my mistake and I should be the one to suffer but Amy was quick to stand in front of an heavy built guy whose blade shines brightly under the sun whom I assume his name is Dave with her hands up in air.

"I came alone," Amy said but her voice was laced with fear. The guy narrowed his eyes at her before pressing the tip of the knife to her stomach although not enough to leave a deep wound but it will still hurt and dragged her by her hair.

I watched in horror as Amy winced and cried out in pain and her white top became covered in blood. At that moment, I realised Amy depended on me to save her and Bee.

As soon as I heard Tonia said, "Dave, check if she actually came alone." My adrenaline pumped like never before and I ran as if my life was depended on it down the stairs.

I didn't even stop to catch my breath when I ran out of the building, I ran straightway into the bush with only thing in my mind, "my friends."

It was as if the heaven came to helped me because while I was still contemplating on how to get to school without having any money with me, I heard the sound of an old bike. Without thinking, I jumped in front of the bike and said the first words that came to my mind.

"Danger, help me, Blake high school." Am sure that the man did understand what I said but he got what I want, he told me to hop on his bike and asked where to.

""Blake high school," I said and he didn't ask me any more questions.

All through the journey, I was restless, terrified and scared. Bridget and Amy, my two best friends, my world, my love, my heart are in the hands of a psychotic mentally deranged kids.

When the man stopped in front of the school gate, I didn't remember to say thank you, I sprinted to the school hostel and pushed people out of my way. While some cursed, some were surprised and some wonder why am running like am being pursued?

To my dismay, BJ and Pat were nowhere to be found, I checked our rooms and everywhere yet no sign of them. I thought of asking Irantiola if she know anything but Amy room was locked, not that, that demonic possessed girl would help.

I walked out of the hostel dejectedly and without a clue on what to do. My first option was Mrs Adebayo but I thought, the Nigerian Police Force will be a better option. I turned on the Google map and searched for the nearest police station.

It wasn't when I was about to get to the school that I met Zion, Angel and Leandro. I forgot about the restraining order and ran to them for help.

They sprang into action as soon as they saw the video. We raced to the parking lot together and took a car.

"Won't we need backup?" I asked Leandro when we head to the scene alone.

"Don't worry, I got this," he replied and just like I always trust him then, I trust him again.

I looked at Zion and saw that he was driving at a speed far from normal, drivers yelled and cursed at us loudly and it's a miracle that the cops are not after us.

"Are you okay?" Le asked and held my hand. An electric shock ran through me the moment his hand held mine.

"No," I answered sincerely.