His Best Friend

Dr Spencer Reid isn't known for having lots of people in his life so it's quite surprising for his BAU team when they find more information about him when they go back to his hometown...

"New case!" JJ announced from the balcony in the BAU office, looking at the team anxiously. Everyone looked at each other concerned and quickly rushed into the conference room - well...almost everyone. Dr Spencer Reid took his time, while gazing down at a locket that was in his hand. In the locket was a picture of him younger on a sunny day with a beautiful girl around his age as well, wrapped in his arms from behind, with brown eyes and brunette hair, very pale skin like snow. What brought her out though was the bump showing on her stomach, showing she was pregnant through her white sundress.
   "Happy birthday, Katalina." he whispered sadly. He quickly closed the locket and stuffed it in his pocket when he noticed the lack of team around him, rushing to the conference room where everyone was waiting for him.
   "What took you so long, kid?" Morgan asked Reid curiously.
   "Got distracted." he answered, sitting down quickly. Everyone ignored his strange behavior for now, and quickly started the briefing.
   "Two women killed in Nevada, Las Vegas. First victim is Kayla Ellen, age 18, second victim Kate Emano age 18 as well. . ." Garcia explained, showing them images of the dead victims.
   "How were they killed?" Hotch asked her.
   "They were both shot in the heart and head." Garcia answered.
   "Well it's obvious this Unsub has a type with brunette hair girls with chocolate brown eyes." Reid mumbled, taking a deep breath in quietly. Reid didn't like this case at all, with the victims looking like the mysterious person in Reid's locket.
   "Yeah, and the age as well." Prentiss agreed.
   "When were they found?" Hotch asked.
   "Kayla was found on Monday, and Kate was found on Wednesday. Kayla was abducted on Sunday, Kate on Tuesday. Civilians found Kayla at a small park where a lake is, and Kate was found behind a restaurant in the dumpsters." Garcia revealed.
   "What's the restaurant?" JJ asked.
   "It's called, Je Taímé. Lovely restaurant." Garcia said, sighing wistfully. Reid gave a shocked gasp, and almost fell off his chair in shock. Everyone was now staring at him in concern.
   "What's wrong?" JJ asked concerned.
   "Nothing!" he squeaked, avoiding their gazes. "It's just the - the places I'm shocked about. I know them, that's all." Reid stuttered, looking at the files on the case.
   "Really? How?" Rossi asked casually. Reid realised what Rossi was trying to do, and narrowed his eyes at Rossi.
   "I used to go to the park to read somewhere quietly in the nature, and I went to the restaurant with my mum once." Reid answered quickly, half lying. "They're actually not that much personal to me." Another lie that burned his tongue - not actually. . .
   "Next killing is in two days, we gotta get going. Wheels up in ten." Hotch announced, looking at everyone in the eyes except Reid, who still looked at the files. "Reid, are you sure you want to do this case?" Hotch asked him.
   "Yeah, why?" Reid asked confused.
   "This is from your hometown, you have lots of memories that were, kind of bad. Just worried for ya." Rossi answered for Hotch.
   "I'm fine, and most of my memories weren't that bad, I had a good time for a while there." Reid stated, walking out of the room with his stuff.
   "Keep an eye on Reid in this case, he's hiding something." Hotch told the rest of the team.
   "'Most of my memories weren't that bad, I had a good time for a while'. What do you think that means?" Morgan asked them.
   "He probably has a secret that no one knows except his mum. Something about his hometown." JJ stated.
   "Who knows, it's been eight years the last time he stayed there." Morgan said, frowning slightly.
   "We'll know when he tells us. If he doesn't, we'll have to find out ourselves with what we got so far." Hotch said, leaving the room.
   "For some reason, I have a feeling this is about a special someone." Garcia said out of the blue.
   "How so? He's socially awkward, it is kind of hard for him to talk to girls." Prentiss said.
   "He doesn't talk about his childhood though, and apart from the bullying and his family problems, I think something else is bothering him as well." JJ said.
   "Well like what Hotch said, we'll find out soon." Rossi stated. After that, they left the room and got ready to hop on the plane, except Garcia.