Chapter Nine

"Hi, I'm the sister of Zechariah Washington, he's been in a car accident, and I need to see him," Simone exclaimed hurriedly to the lady at the front desk. "Could you please give me his room number?"
"Do you have your ID?"
Simone pulled her ID from her wallet and handed it to the woman. The woman gave her a suspicious look, but responded, "Room 113, down the hall and to your left."
Simone didn't bother thanking the woman before dashing toward the room Zee was being held in. "110...111..." she murmured to herself, until finally, "113!"
Derion was sitting in one of the chairs beside Zee's bed, and Loren occupied the other. She looked as if she had been crying for a long time.
Simone looked at Zee while he was sleeping; he had a few cuts around his face from what she could see, and a cast on his left arm. "What- what happened?" she asked weakly.
Derion stood up, embracing her in a hug, which she didn't know she needed until that moment.
"We were on our way to one of Zee's friend's socials, and a food truck crashed into his side of the car. He was on the drivers side, I was in the passenger seat, and Derion was in on the passengers side in the back. You know Zee, he doesn't wear seatbelts. He flew out of the car."
By now, Loren was kind of shaken up from telling the story. Derion saw this and quickly took over. "Luckily, he's alive, because most people don't make it. He broke his left arm, and has some major cuts around different areas of his body from the glass."
She felt sick. Her life was so messed up right now. She was currently in the same room with two of her love interests, and one of them didn't even know about the love triangle he was in. Not to mention, she'd shown up to the hospital minutes after getting her pussy ate by her third love interest, which neither Zee or Derion knew about. She knew she'd fucked up, but how to get out of it? She didn't know.
At the moment, all she was worried about was her bestfriend, and getting him back to health as quickly as possible.
"I'm sorry, but visiting hours have ended," the doctor said, entering the room. "One of you can stay the night, but just one."
Derion looked toward Simone and Loren, motioning that it would be one of them.
"Si, could you stay?" Loren asked, sniffling. "I don't think I can do it."
Si gave her a short smile and a hug. "Of course, I'll let you know whatever I can as soon as I know."
"I'll take you home," Derion offered Lo, and she nodded.
"Thank you, see you later Si. I don't know how I could ever repay you."
"I'll text you," Derion kissed her goodbye, and she felt bad knowing another man's lips and dick had just been there, but quickly pushed the thought away.
Derion and Loren left the room, as well as the doctor, and soon, it was only Simone and Zee left. She sat at his bedside, gently caressing his face with her thumb. She knew they hadn't been in the best place recently, but no matter what, she cared about him.
"Ma'am," a nurse knocked on the door, interrupting Simone's thoughts. "Here are some extra blankets and pillows if you want to make yourself comfy on the chair."
Simone said her thanks, set up a makeshift bed on the long chair, and laid down. She checked her phone.
From: Derion
Goodnight, Si ❤️
She texted back a quick goodnight and checked for more messages.
From: BLK
Hope I didn't run you off. Text me when you're safe
From: Simone
You didn't, bestfriend got into car accident. At hospital. I'm safe... tonight was amazing.
A few seconds later, her phone vibrated.
From: BLK
Sorry 2 hear that.. and yes it was. Maybe we can do it again sometime. 😏
Si let out a small chuckle at the smirk face on the end.
From: Simone
Maybe 😌Night, Mr. Blk
With that, she set her phone to 'do not disturb' and fell asleep with ease.
-
Simone awoke to a knock on the door, and it took her a minute to recall where she was and how she ended up here.
"Sorry to wake you," the same nurse from last night said, entering the room with two trays filled with hospital food. "I know we're only supposed to really feed patients, but I figured you'd be hungry too."
Si took one of the trays, "Thank you."
"He should be up in the next thirty minutes or so. The meds we gave him were set to put him to sleep for at least 8 hours." The nurse left the room after setting Zee's food on the table beside him.
Si looked at her plate a food, an assortment of applesauce, white milk, and a breakfast sandwich sat there. She took the applesauce, but transferred everything else to Zee's plate.
True to the nurse's word, Si heard Zee shifting in his bed not too long afterward. She stood over him as he rubbed his eyes, and then winced in pain, she guessed from stretching.
"Welcome back" Simone said, giving him a slight smile. "When I got here, you were sleeping like a baby."
He smiled, slightly happy to see her face. "Can you close the blinds?" He murmured. "Too much damn sun."
Simone walked over to the blinds and closed them for her bestfriend, and then walked back to his bedside.
"Don't scare me like that anymore," she whispered, laying beside him in the bed, being sure not to put too much pressure on any place he may be in pain. "Please."
"I saw my life flash before my eyes, Si," he told her, and she could hear the seriousness in his voice. When she didn't respond, he continued, "It made me realize something."
"What?" Simone inquired.
"I don't want to waste my life pretending, Si," he said. "My life could've ended last night and I wouldn't have been where I wanted to be in life, with who I wanted to be with."
Simone hoped this was not going where she thought it was, but of course, it was.
"Si, fuck everything and everybody else. We know each other better than anyone does. Let's put this into action, Si, because I know you feel for me too. Be my girlfriend, Simone, give me one chance."
Simone quickly sat up, and climbed out of the bed. "Zee, you're not fucking serious right now."
"I'm so fucking serious right now," he countered, looking dead in her eyes.
"Zechariah, you have a girlfriend!" Si exclaimed, getting upset. She only called him his full name when she was upset. "Who, by the way was here last night crying her eyes out because of what happened to you. And even Derion was here, seeing about you, even though you're backstabbing him and he doesn't even know it."
"We're backstabbing him," Zee corrected. "It's not just me. Don't forget that."
Simone couldn't say anything else, because she knew he was right. He was more right then he even knew. "Do you need anything?" She asked, and he shook his head no. "Then I'll see you later." Si told him, grabbing her things and leaving the hospital.
-
"So, to clarify," Nylah started, taking a bite of pizza. "Your bestfriend asked you to be his girl less than 24 hours after a sexy club owner ate your pussy, which was less than a week after you lied and told your lover neighbor that it was only you and him. Si, your life should be a movie." She laughed
"Ny, this is serious," Simone said, feeling misunderstood. "I like them all. I just feel confused."
"It's okay, Si," Jas comforted. "Nobody can choose for you, though. It's your feelings and your decision."
Before Simone could respond, she felt her phone vibrate on the floor underneath her leg. "It's Morris, he asked to take me out tonight. He said to dress fancy."
"You should definitely go," Nylah suggested. "Maybe an actual date with him will help you decide whether you really like him or if it's just a sexual thing."
Jas agreed, and offered to do her makeup and to help her pick an outfit. Jas was a licensed makeup artist, so she knew her face was in good hands.
"Is he picking you up?" Jas wondered, putting the finishing touches on her makeup.
"Yes,"
"Well, what if Derion sees you leave with him?"
"That won't happen," Simone reassured. "Derion's at work right now, so that's impossible."
"Wow, look at you," Nylah laughed. "You have this all perfectly planned out."
Simone looked at her phone. "He's 5 minutes away. How do I look?"

"Like a baddie!" Nylah complimented, in her usual loud nature

"You look great, Si," Jas complimented as well. "He'll love it."
-
"So, where are we going?" Simone turned to Mr. Blk, who was driving. "You never told me.
"I'm not telling you, just know it's top notch," he smirked.
"Fine, Mr. 'Top Notch'," Simone giggled, and continued to talk to him the entire way there.
She liked his vibe, his attitude, his sexy confidence. She got that from no one else at the moment.
It wasn't until they'd pulled into the driveway of the place they'd be going, that she knew she'd landed herself into some deep shit tonight.
"Here we are, The Alexander! One of my favorite five star restaurants in the city, and now I get to share it with you."
"Lucky me," Simone nervously laughed. She scoped the parking lot for Derion's car and quickly found it. No, no, no, she thought, her good mood shifting. This cannot be happening.
"I'm actually okay with McDonalds, honestly, I know this restaurant is expensive, and I wouldn't want you to spend so much on me."
"Come on, I'm not worried about the price," he said, locking their hands together. "Whatever you want tonight, it's yours."
She gave him a nervous smile as they entered the doors to the Alexander.
What did I get myself into, she thought, feeling quite uneasy at the stomach.