Chapter II

A/N: Why yes, it has been over two years since I last updated, thanks for asking. Why did it take me this long? Ask my last remaining brain cell pinging in my head like a pinball machine.

I do hope to get back to this a bit better than before, because I really did have some hefty plans for this story, but in the mean time have some long deserved smut.

Soft morning sun perched on the walls of the small home, flooding through the windows. Reaper caught a rather unpleasant glimpse of it, pulling himself off his bed. Making his way through the small central part of the house, he glanced into the second bedroom that has welcomed its ethereal guest for this past rather uneventful year. The angel grew quite accustomed to the monotony of Earthly life, save for the melancholy that consumes him at the sight of the night sky.

Reaper remained leaning on the door frame, gazing through the door left ajar the previous night due to simple carelessness. Geno was still laying on his side in slumber, his wings kept visible at home due to habit, the soft feathers fell elegantly over his shoulder, covering the bigger portion of him like a blanket. A slight shift of his wings resulted in the light casting over his good socket, the other still wrapped with a bandage, causing the smaller to wince slightly before huddling further into his wings, covering him entirely now.

The demon chuckled at the adorable display, finally moving to the side of the bed where the feathery cocoon lay. Reaper's hand hovered over the wing, hesitating only shortly before allowing his fingers to brush through the soft feathers, getting notably distracted by the delicate feeling but his trance was quickly disturbed by another groan from the angel: his dark aura seemed to easily disturb the smaller's sleep, although this was to be expected.

"Good morning, angel," Geno whined as the demon hovered over his bed, in hopes of waking him up in the most annoying way possible. Peaking only slightly between his wings, he scoffed quietly as he weakly glared at the taller above, once again closing off the gap to sleep comfortably in his little sanctuary he wrapped himself in.

Reaper chuckled quietly at Geno's reaction, being similar to the months before. In all the time they have spent together thus far, Reaper still hasn't bothered to just leave Geno alone in the morning, which Geno has done much to protest but to no avail.

"Let me sleep, not like I have anything better to do..." Reaper found this to be too entertaining to pass up, leaning down to kiss the back of Geno skull teasingly, seeing a responsive flinch from the latter, followed by a whine, "Stop," Geno ruffled one of his wings to forced Reaper away, turning to glare at him tiredly.

"You love when I do that, angel," Geno couldn't help but blush lightly at the tone, turning away.

"Just shush," Geno finally gave in and sat up in his bed, getting up to walk past the demon. As the angel whisked by, Reaper's fingers dragged through the pristine white feathers, allowing their soft touch to slip past as Geno's wings flicked at the demon's touch. Geno glanced back with a vague glare, although having gotten used to the darker immortal's lack of spatial awareness. "Do you always feel the need to bother me?"

"Maybe if your reactions weren't quite as adorable, I'd lose interest," The smirk on the demon's face failed to falter, persisting with his seemingly incessant teasing.

"Maybe if you weren't so desperately trying to find something that isn't there, we wouldn't be having this conversation," Geno leaned in pointedly, trying to point out Reaper's roundabout way in complementing him.

"Aww, I know you can't help how cute you are, nothing to be embarrassed about angel~" Geno narrowed his socket, not finding the patronizing quite as amusing.

"Stop that," His tone was blunt, hoping to get it through to Reaper of his general displeasure, even if part of him still finds it flattering.

"Then actually hurt me for once, you are more than capable, yet you never follow through with your threats," The demon's taunts were spoken in a sickly sweet tone: a tone that was hard to deny was alluring in a way.