Chapter 5a: Severity Reigns

Leafy

I woke up the next morning from a nightmare, Snowball's execution and Pencil's death replayed over and over. I was sweating a lot, I wanted to deny the truth that Pencil and Snowball were really gone. I got out of bed and walked over to the shower, I decided to take a cold shower, I didn't want tense muscles.

After my shower, I dried off, got ready, and went out for breakfast. I arrived and only a couple of people were there, there were Pin, GB, TB, Flower, Spongy, Needle, Coiny, and Match. Match was crying at the table by herself, she occasionally ate a bite of the eggs at the buffet up front.

"Woah, a buffet. Why?" I muttered, but I ignored that and decided to sit with Match to see how she was holding up. I walked over and sat down at the table.

"Hey, Match, how are you holding up?" I asked, she glanced at me sadly and then put on a smile.

"Better than I'll ever be, I guess." She responded, a sad tone in her voice, "I'm glad you're here though, I need someone to talk to."

"Go ahead!" I egged on, she looked away and started speaking.

"I've lost my best friend here and someone who blamed himself for our rivalry and shamed himself even more when I called him out." Match spoke softly, every word sounded like she was going to break, "Am I a bad person?"

"No! Of course not! You shouldn't blame yourself for any of this!" I replied, "It's those weird 50% things! Snowball was always nice, it was just his backstory, well, that's what he said."

Match didn't respond, she turned to me and hugged me, I hugged her back and she wept in my arms, Flower ruined the moment.

"Wow, that's pretty gay! Do you love each other?" Flower teased.

"One, do you have a problem with homosexuality and two, go away, Match is sad, she needs support." I responded.

"No, I'm not a homophobe, jeez, homophobia is gross." Flower cringed, "But, whatever, do whatever you want, dweebs."

Flower walked away and got herself breakfast. I looked at Match.

"Remember, if you need to talk about it, I'm here for you!" I gave her a thumbs up. She sniffled and smiled, tears still in her eyes.

"Thanks!" Match whimpered, "Maybe we should talk about something else though."

"Yeah, let's think about good things, like, it won't happen again!" I agreed, she wiped her tears away and we chatted. Soon the room filled up with the other students.

Everyone took their seats digging into their breakfasts, of course, the trios were sad, the Blocky trio and the Match trio. They missed SB and Pencil, I couldn't blame them.

Then a high pitched voice we all came to hate spoke up.

"Good morning everyone! You're all looking as chipper as ever!" It spoke out as a figure came into view, "I have a surprise gift for you all!"

Fourokuma was standing at the center table, hands placed on the table, he looked so innocent, but we all knew it was a hoax look.

"We aren't really in the mood for your existence." Needle practically roasted him, but she wasn't wrong.

"No need to be so harsh! But, anyway, you now have access to the second floor which is bigger and has more interesting things!" He cheered. Everyone either just rolled their eyes or tried to act like they weren't paying attention, "Anyway, go explore! The map has been added to your Four Exe."

I finished my cereal and brötchen (German bread roll, very delicious!) and took out my Four Exe to pull up the map.