Matt Smith - The Mask

~Matt Smith~

A/N: In reality, Matt Smith went around SDCC disguised in a Bart Simpson mask and no one knew.  This one-shot is inspired by that.  Initially, I was going to make this smutty, but for some reason, I just couldn't!  And I don't know why!  Anyway, enjoy!

***

"I can't believe how long the line is already!  The photo ops don't start for another hour or so.  Sheesh!"  Liv scoffed, but she was on cloud nine being at San Diego Comic Con. 

Liv waited years to be able to attend a Con anywhere and finally, as a special birthday surprise, her best friend, Jess, bought her tickets to meet the Eleventh Doctor, Matt Smith, at the most popular Con of all.

"Well, Mr. Smith is quite popular these days," a voice said behind her.  Jess' eyes widened and she giggled.  Turning toward the voice, Liv came face to face with Bart Simpson.

Technically, it was a mask of Bart Simpson.  The rest of the guy's body was attractive and non-cartoonish.

She laughed and nodded.  "He is, I know.  I've just never been to a Con before so I didn't really know what to expect."

"First time, really?"  Bart's arms crossed over his chest and Liv couldn't help but notice how nicely toned they were.  His dusty-blue colored t-shirt was made of thin material and fit his torso quite nicely.

Jess, spoke up.  "It's her birthday!"

Liv felt her cheeks heat up, hating any extra attention.  She nervously adjusted her super curly wig.

"Ah, brilliant!  Make sure Matt knows.  Maybe you'll get a kiss or something," he joked.

"Oh god," she laughed, her face definitely turning bright red.  "That would be a dream come true."  Liv could feel his stare from beneath the mask and it made her slightly uncomfortable that she couldn't see his expression.

"No offense," Jess began, "but don't enter any cosplay competitions." 

Bart chortled, shaking his head.  "Nah, wasn't planning to.  You ladies should though.  You look amazing!"

The both of them giggled and thanked him.

He pointed to Jess.  "Rose Tyler, right?  From Doctor Who?"  Jess nodded.  Liv envied the fact that she didn't need an itchy wig to pull off her costume.  Her natural blonde hair was perfect for Rose.  All she needed was a Union Jack shirt and a leather jacket.

Then Bart turned to Liv.  "And you're supposed to be River Song?"  She smiled and nodded.  He reached out and gently tugged on a ringlet of her wig, letting it bounce after letting go.  "Cute.  Well done!"

Jess subtly nudged Liv, something she was prone to doing when anyone would begin to flirt with them.  It didn't happen often, but it did happen.  Jess was also prone to flirting back, gearing the attention toward herself.

"Cute, yes, but everyone knows how the Doctor loved Rose," Jess winked.

"Hmm.  That's true, but he did marry River," Bart retorted.

Jess was caught off guard.  "Well, yeah.  I guess.  But not everyone marries their true love."

"Eh, let's not go there.  Trust me, I'm not someone you want to debate Doctor Who with," Bart laughed.

Turned off, Jess turned away and faced the direction the line was going.

"Oh, my," Liv snickered.  "Awkward.  Well, it was nice to meet you, Bart."

"Pleasure is all mine."  He held out a hand and Liv shook it before turning around with Jess.  He began to step out of line, surprising her.

"You're not staying for the photo op?" Liv asked as he began to walk away.