Michael Fassbender - Childhood Friends

~Michael Fassbender~

You stretched out as far as your legs and arms allowed you to across your small twin sized bed. You smiled at the fact that you were home again. It'd been years since you'd been back in Ireland and stepping foot into your childhood bedroom again brought back a pleasant wave of memories. Posters of your favorite pop group adorned your walls and you snickered, secretly pleased that your parents didn't change a thing while you were gone. You were happiest those many years ago before heading to the States to study as a foreign exchange student.

After you graduated high school, you studied abroad in Europe which led to falling in love and moving in with a handsome French man, but you never made your way back home until now, just before your thirty-third birthday. Your poor mother had begun to believe she would never see you in person again. You felt bad, but true love had overtaken you. However, true love was apparently not as everlasting as story books like to say.

You checked your phone and saw that it was nearing noon. You never slept in because you hated wasting away a perfectly sunny day. But you guessed you really needed the sleep. You shrugged it off and hopped up out of bed, making your way to the bathroom across the hall.

You messed with the shower settings until the water was warm. You began to strip off your pajamas when you heard a dog barking outside the partially open window. Curiosity got the better of you and you peered out the curtain, looking for the dog. Was that Samson? You recognized the chocolate lab, though he was graying around the eyes, and you were surprised he was still alive, considering the neighbors had had him since you were little. You smiled at the memory of your neighbor Mikey, who was just a few years older, and the look on his face when his father had pulled in down the gravel road with Samson in the seat next to him. You remembered being jealous of Mikey but he always swore Samson was your dog too. He was very caring and protective of you and when your pleas for a pet of your own were shot down by your parents, Mikey made out a certificate of ownership for you with scrap paper and crayons, stating you were Samson's mother and he was Samson's father. He was always so sweet to you.

A sudden shout brought you back to reality.

"Sammy-boy!" You heard a man call out.

You kept behind the curtains, watching. A tall and rather well-built guy came out the back door of your neighbor's house and into the yard, searching for the dog. He was wearing a gray long sleeved ribbed henley shirt which beautifully showed off his sculpted chest, arms and abs and a dark pair of jeans, tattered at the knees. He ran his fingers through his perfectly styled dark auburn hair and you almost felt guilty, as if you were spying. Well no, you were definitely spying. But you couldn't look away. Not yet. You watched as he hollered for the dog again and Samson went bounding toward him, pouncing on him once he was close enough. It finally clicked in your head that the guy must be... Mikey? All grown up?

"Holy shit..." you said quietly to yourself. "Mikey got hot!"

How long has it been since you've seen him? Nearly fifteen years? The two of you grew up together but once he hit puberty, he no longer had any interest in hanging out with a girl. No, that wasn't right. He definitely hung out with girls. Just not you. You remembered seeing him out with the likes of Shannon McLeary. Oh how you despised Shannon McLeary. Full figured, big-breasted at thirteen Shannon McLeary. Hmph.

"Come on Sammy-boy, let's go in," Mikey rubbed Samson on the head and led the way back in the house.

You swallowed hard and closed the curtains completely. The bathroom was now completely steamy and as you stepped into the shower, the water had gone from warm to cold. What a waste. But it was a blessing in disguise. Turned out you needed a cold shower anyway now, after seeing Mikey again.