Benedict Cumberbatch - The Oscars

~Benedict Cumberbatch~

A/N: The inspiration for this is from Ben's first time at the Oscars this year. Enjoy!

Your wonderful best friend, Benedict Cumberbatch invited you to accompany him to the Oscars. Blown away, you hardly knew how to properly accept! He laughed, accepting your stunned expression as a 'yes' and gave you a card with his stylist's information. He was going to take care of everything, from your gown to your hair and make-up.

The night of the Oscars finally arrived and there you were in your lilac Elie Saab satin gown hugging you in all the right places. Benedict hooked your arm around his and the two of you took to the glamorous red carpet, mingling with the other guests and occasionally stopping for Benedict to give a quick interview. Fans kept screaming for Ben and he would cheekily grin and wave in their direction.

"Oh! Ben, look! U2 is here!" You tugged on the sleeve of his black suit and he looked in the same direction as you.

He brought his face down to your ear and whispered, "Dare me to photobomb them?" His eyes glistened with mischief.

"What?!" You couldn't help but laugh. You knew he was super excited to be at the Oscars and it was really bringing out his childish side. "Alright, yeah! I dare you!"

And with that, off he went! He snuck behind the band with their dates, all lined up for photographers. UP he jumped behind them, with his hands above his head, fingers spread in "jazz hands" fashion. He had a grimace across his face, causing you to lose your poise and grace and begin to crack up. You expected him to make his way back to you when again, UP he went! You covered your face with your hands in embarrassment and he nonchalantly made his way back to you as though nothing happened.

"I cannot believe you just did that..." you giggled and reached up to straighten his black tie.

He grinned and sniggered, running his fingers through his hair.

Several hours (and a few photobombs) later, the award ceremony wrapped up and the two of you joined other celebrities at several different after parties. One of your favorite stops was at Madonna's. You slapped Benedict in the arm when you realized you were at Madonna's house! He just laughed and shrugged, as if it wasn't a big deal.

The two of you danced, shared many glasses of champaign and swapped stories with co-stars of his. You absolutely loved getting to know Michael Fassbender, affectionately calling him "Fassie" and making him laugh at the nickname.

The alcohol and late hour were starting to play with your head. Michael had shared a few dances with you and you could see in Ben's eyes that he wasn't at all thrilled. Or at least it seemed that way to you.

"Excuse me, Fassie. Benedict seems to be pouting." You excused yourself and danced your way over to your best friend.

He took your hands and spun you around a few times before pulling you in for a tight hug where you stayed, swaying in his arms until he was ready to call it a night. You said your goodbyes to the new friends you made and made your way to the valet to wait for Ben's car.

The two of you were extremely buzzed and high in spirits. Ben opened the door for you when his car pulled up. You slipped inside and moved over for him.

"Do you want to head home or do you want to stay with me?" Ben appeared to have had a few bottles of liquid courage to ask you such a thing.

You playfully pushed at his chest and he grabbed your hand and held it in place above his heart. "I'm serious," he admitted.

Having been such good friends for so many years, the thought of possibly becoming more excited you. You had a crush on Ben but never acted on it. Often times you thought maybe he liked you more than a friend considering the sexual tension the two of you constantly felt. Other than a kiss on the cheek now and then, neither of you had ever acted on it... until now.