As I got closer to him he smiled brighter and opened his arms up for me. I got down and crawled into his open arms welcoming the warmth laying on his chest while he rested his head on mine. We snuggled close and Lucas kissed the top of my head. I started to drift off but Lucas spoke and what he said made me shoot my eyes open immediately. "So beautiful." He mumbled to himself. I looked up at him to see him looking down at me. I flushed a bright pink and looked away trying to stop the smile tugging my lips upwards.

Lucas tucked a hair behind my ear and then continued to say things that made me redder than Clifford the dog. "You're the most beautiful girl I've ever laid my eyes on. I wish you were next to me at all times." He said with adoration in his voice.

I patted his chest feeling exhausted. "Go to sleep big guy," I said giggling. I don't know why I giggled. I get loopy when I don't sleep. "He is pretty big," Lucas said looking down at his... area. I guess he gets loopy too.

"Lucas!" I screeched making Edmond and Michael look in our direction. I looked at Darcy who was out cold sprawled out on top of Michael. Who gave us a pleading look. Michael was way too nice to wake Darcy up or move her. So he just suffered in silence. "Lucas. There are children around." I said it sternly.

He just laughed. A beautiful sound that made me want to hear it all night. What made me happier was knowing he'd be here when I fall asleep and when I wake up.

"Just say it." He said smiling. "I know you want to..."

"Fine! I'll never leave you." Just saying the words made my heart dance around in my chest. Little did he know, aside from all jokes. I don't think I would ever leave him regardless.

I smiled up at Lucas who smiled down at me. Yes. Stranded on an island, and happy as ever.

•••
Day 20, morning

I woke up to birds chirping above me and feeling weightless. I slowly opened my eyes just to be met with my face smashed into a hard chest. I pulled my head off Lucas's wet chest where drool pooled a little on him. I wiped my mouth and shot my head up and looked at him, only to be mortified completely to see him smirking down at me. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" I said wiping off all my drool from him. After the drool had been swept away I looked at my position on him and somehow raked myself with more mortification and embarrassment. I lay sprawled on top of him, practically clinging onto his body for dear life. I sat up removing myself from him and apologizing profusely. I sat up straight beside him and smiled awkwardly.

All Lucas did was laugh and quickly pull me back on top of him making me gasp. I straddled him and my face went bright red. I can't believe I was so completely confident on a raft and now I'm just liquified whenever he touches me. I guess love can do that to you.

"This is more comfortable." He said sitting up and wrapping his arms around me. He tucked his head into my neck and whispered. "Also your little snores are the cutest things ever." He said nuzzling his head into my neck making me shiver. I felt his warm breath on me and my whole body turned to putty. I melted into his touch and smiled. Then I frowned. "I do not snore!" I said firmly.

"Yes, you do. Don't worry Meghan it's adorable." He said looking at me. I rolled my eyes and got off him.

Laying next to him again I rested my head on his shoulder as he wrapped an arm around me. I enjoyed this moment because I knew it would end soon. I looked into his blue eyes once more and felt a jittery feeling arise in the pit of my stomach when he started to lean in. My heart started beating quickly as I leaned in too.

"Oh sorry!" I heard a little voice squeak before snapping me back into reality. I pulled away from Lucas so fast one would believe he was on fire. I moved my eyes to the cause of the sound to see Darcy smiling big and Michael covering his eyes. "I so called it," Darcy said changing her smile to a know-it-all smirk.

"Oh my god!" I said filling with embarrassment. This needs to stop or I'll be embarrassed for the rest of my life.

I stood up and Lucas did shortly after me. "Let's look for food!" I said trying my hardest to sound positive.

"Yay!" Darcy said jumping into Lucas's arms who caught her easily.

I smile at Michael grabbing his hand in mine. Lucas and Darcy ahead of us, Michael asks. "What about Edmond?"

I turn around and look at him still sleeping. "Go catch up with Lucas. I'll stay behind with Edmond in case he wakes up." I say still looking at an uncomfortable Edmond lying slouched over by a tree.

"Are you sure?" Michael says letting go of my hand.

"Yes. Now go before they get too far." I say shooing him.

Michael looks at Edmond and then me, then Edmond again before taking off. I sigh and walk over to Edmond and plop down beside him.

"What's your motive?" Edmond says. Making me jump, I thought he was asleep.

"My motive?" I ask dumbfounded.

"Yes, your motive, why are you staying with me and not running off," Edmond says, his voice dripping in mockery.

"I'm not running off to them because I want to help you. I can see through your evil exterior. But on the inside, I can tell you're just sad. I want to help you I—" I try to show Edmond that we care about him, that even how mean he is, we all still care but Edmond cuts me off.

"You lying bitch. I don't care about you and anyone here. I've said this since the beginning, I'm only here to survive."

"That's what you choose to say after everything I've said and done for you. I stayed back so you wouldn't be lonely. I saved your ass since the very beginning and still have to worry about watching my fucking back all the time because you say things some murderer would say. I led you to where safety is. I led you to food, shelter and not only that but I took care of you. I will say this once and only once so listen carefully— Edmond. Grow. the. fuck. up." I spit out trying to hold all my anger in. But it doesn't work.

"Why do you hate me." I say standing up. Edmond stands up as well.

"I don't hate you. I don't hate anyone! I just very strongly dislike you." He says rolling his eyes. I glare at him and start walking into the forest to clear my mind. But of course, Edmond has to follow.

I spin around to face him when I hear his footsteps close behind. "Oh admit it! You hate me! Everyone can see! God, why did I decide to help you." I yell.

"I won't admit it! It will make me less of a man." He says as if he has some epitome of awesomeness surrounding him that gives him the title of "gentleman"

I scoff. "You are anything but a man. No man would talk about one so horribly. And I've come to realize that I've only pitied you." I say only seeing red.

"Fine if you want me to say it so badly I'll say it. I hate you, Meghan. I hate your personality. I hate your kindness. I hate everything about you! But I especially hate how you try to purposely kill me off!" He yells making me jump. Purposely kill him off? He's crazy! I didn't think words could hurt so badly until they actually hit me. I mean I asked for it didn't I? I didn't see Edmond as a human being anymore. Someone that I wasn't afraid to be by. Because believe me, the look I saw in his eye scared me. Edmond made me feel uncomfortable and scared.

•••