Ch.1 Juliet Moore

Juliet Moore bit her red plump lips nervously as she took a few steps closer to the red silk curtain drawn down in front of her

Juliet Moore bit her red plump lips nervously as she took a few steps closer to the red silk curtain drawn down in front of her. More than anything Juliet wanted to run as fast as her legs would carry her. Anything was better than the events that would unfold tonight but Juliet stayed put ignoring her emotions as her mother Lady Tremor would tolerate nothing more than a dutiful, obedient daughter, who she prayed tonight would snag herself a wealthy husband.

And by title, the baroness had made it perfectly clear she aimed for a viscount or higher. Her mother's unfair ambitions ruled Juliet's life, which meant she must appear in the finest attire at all times while remaining innocent, revealing skin but not enough to be scandalous and be seen but not heard. Her own hopes and dreams for herself of; love and freedom were never taken into account.

Her heart pounded as the curtain rose merely inches but then fell down. It was almost time. Juliet felt herself gulp with uneasiness. In only moments the curtain would rise and she'd be presented as a trophy or auction painting to the richest men in Verona.

Lady Tremor made sure most of Juliet's life to keep her as isolated as she could from any opposite sex to ensure the rumors she spread of Juliet's rare beauty enticed every man in Verona who desperately craved to see her for many years and now that she was of age they were practically lining up to become her suitor.

And it was true she was a beauty indeed. She had long slender legs that every woman longed for, perfect curves that made her pear shaped, brown hair silky hair that she always tied up into elaborate buns, blood orange lips that turned red when she bit them and best of all blue eyes that shone strikingly like the king's favorite jewel. Since her eyes were so fascinating her mother would force her to wear a black custom designed masquerade mask with a thin veil engraved with a few diamonds to add some fashionable taste.

The thought of being a prize filled Juliet with disgust. She was a person and to her regret shared the same name as the famous heroine 'Juliet' from Shakespeare's play Romeo & Juliet. Juliet had watched his plays several times when she would sneak out away from her controlling mother. She never really enjoyed the play much. The only part she truly enjoyed was the act of loving someone of their choice.

Juliet took a step back to distance herself from the curtain that would soon rise but gasped in shock as she bumped into something or rather someone. Juliet, now feeling deeply afraid, spun around to face a man standing before her wearing a simple black latex mask and a blue dress suit with a S.B golden pin attached to his upper collar. Her heart pounded in fear not knowing if this strange man would harm her and she opened her mouth to scream but was muted as his warm lips met hers.

Her eyes widened as the mysterious stranger deepened the kiss and Juliet felt something spark in her that she never knew existed and a light moan escaped her mouth causing the stranger to smile in satisfaction. Juliet used all the strength she could muster to push the masked man away. They parted merely inches and Juliet raised her right hand to slap the man for being so vulgar but he caught her hand easily within the second she raised it.

"Who the hell are you?" Juliet asked breathlessly as the masked man took her lips again leaving them red and swollen. "You'll know soon enough my little Juliet." the man said, now smirking. The curtain started to rise and Juliet, distracted by the rising curtain, looked back behind her as she felt the man release her to realize that they were now gone. She looked down at her right hand after feeling a light prick to notice that he left her with his S.B pin. Juliet clutched her hand in anger and to hide the pin.

Juliet took in a deep breath to compose herself as all eyes were on her now

Juliet took in a deep breath to compose herself as all eyes were on her now. "And here is Juliet Moore as Lady Tremor described all these years as the most beautiful woman on earth." The announcer spoke leading Juliet further on stage till she was in the center. Gasps and awes were heard around the theater and Juliet could feel heat rising to her cheeks. Her mother who was also on stage smiled with approval. "And as you can see Lady Tremor was indeed right as Juliet Moore is a sight to see despite her eyes being hidden."

Lady Tremor walked next to the announcer letting her heels click beneath her blue sequin gown. "Let yourselves not be disappointed gentlemen as the one who pays the most shall get to see my daughters eyes and possibly get the privilege to become a potential suitor." Lady Tremor said, folding her arms. The crowd grew louder with excitement and then Lady Tremor led Juliet off stage behind the red silk curtain as the bidding began.

Juliet could swear from the corner of her eye as she was being led away that she saw the same mysterious masked man watching her with amusement in the audience but it must have been her imagination. Right?