twenty.

happy Thursday!!!

don't forget to like and comment!

thank you for being so patient with me!

***

I can't sleep.

My concentration is solely on the tiny human lying next to me. Her lips puckered slightly as she's swaddled in her personalized blanket.

"Baby?"

Tearing my eyes away from her, I look up at Justin who is rubbing his tired eyes.

"What are you doing?" he asks.

"Staring," I tell him calmly, looking back down to our little girl.

He chuckles, leaning on the bed behind me and staring at her as well. "She's beautiful, I know. But you need sleep."

I shake my head. "No, my adrenaline is still sky high."

He chuckles yet again. "Well, the kids are gonna come meet her tomorrow. Aren't you excited for that?"

"Of course," I reply, laughing lightly. "But I'm a little obsessed with our princess right now."

He chuckles before whispering. "Of course you are. I am too baby."

I grin as he kisses my head.

"But you really do need sleep. So, I'm gonna take the baby over here with me. And you need to close your eyes and go to sleep."

I sigh heavily, watching as he takes her to the other side of the room before forcing my eyes to shut.

Turns out I was more tired than I had thought.

Somehow the next time I open my eyes, the sun shines brightly through the cracks in the curtains.

"Good morning."

Lifting my head, I look over to Justin who's holding our little girl and gazing over at me.

"How long did I sleep?" I ask him, feeling wide awake already.

He chuckles. "Only for about two hours."

"That was enough," I sigh. "How is she?"

"Good. Just sleepy."

"Well, she was awake for the majority of her first hours," I tell him, laughing softly.

He grins.

"I should probably try to feed her. It's important I wake her to feed her for the first 24 hours. She's not used to it."

He nods, bringing her over to me.

After waking her, I help her latch, letting her eat before she falls back asleep.

"While she sleeps, you do." Justin whispers, smirking and kissing my head.

"Fine," I agree, closing my eyes and forcing myself to sleep again.

This time I wake to the sound of my daughter, making my mind awaken immediately as I grab her.

"What's wrong, my love?" I ask. "Are you hungry?"

Helping her to latch, I allow her to eat before burping her and allowing her to lay on my bare chest, wanting to connect with her a little more.

"Alexa, what time is it?"

"It is 8 am."

I sigh, relaxing into the bed and kissing her hair.