Ch. 21- Get in Losers, We're Going Shopping (END)

Start from the beginning

We've went through one with a leather jacket, with fishnets, a sweater with a skirt, a button up with a skirt, a leather shirt??? And a lot more, but, through intense process of elimination, and my gay revealing itself about once or twice while possibly checking her out, we decided on a dress. It's a tank top dress, the top was solid black, and the bottom was black and purple plaid that went to her mid thigh, it was seperated by an almost comically large black studded belt, the studs being purple of course. And over the top of the tank top was a closed neck, long-sleeved sheer shirt. There was also an optional short jacket that was black with purple trims and peach highlights on those trims. Needless to say, it was practically perfect for her.

Now, we were walking to my suit shop, Jirou having the bag in her hand, and her other holding mine.

"So, are you getting the most expensive item there, or the least expensive?"

"Uhm... it's a high class suit shop, so either way it's going to be expensive. But it all depends on which suit I like the best." I say as honestly as I could. She nods, satisfied once we walk into the store. Seeing all the products and the interior design, she completely ogled at everything. Actually I was kind of pulling her around while looking for a suit because she would get so distracted at just looking and feeling the fabrics of a shirt or a pair of pants; again, cute.

"Is this what rich people feel like...?" She says dreamily with wide and black eyes, laying down against a pair of socks on display.

I shake my head and smile at her while taking down a matching suit jacket and pants set.

"C'mon dear, I have to try this on." I grab her by the hand and she immediately jolts up, following me close behind.

"Hey, babe, have you ever worn a suit before? Just wondering 'cause I've only ever seen you in skirts and dresses." She catches up to me and asks, I look up slightly, thinking back.

"...I don't think I have, I always wanted to wear one, but my parents didn't really... want me to." I say quietly.

"Oh... are they Uhm... traditional?"

"...yes... very."

We stand walk in an awkward silence, memories come flooding back to me of when I first came out to them as a lesbian. They didn't start spouting insults, they didn't hurl furniture, they just... sat in silence, staring at me judgementally, yet blankly at the same time. My world crashed down at my feet, the ground shattered, along with my heart.

The worst part wasn't even the pressurizing stares, it's what they said afterwards.

"You're just pretending."

"It's just a trend you're following."

"This is just for attention."

Somehow, in some way, the denial of me being my true self, of me finally accepting my true self after so many hardships and so many obstacles in my way, it was so much worse than any hatred they could've introduced me to.

They didn't hate me, they refused to believe I existed.

That anyone like me existed.

Our relationship hasn't been the same since, whenever I see them over breaks, they only ever ask if my 'phase' is over. Not a "hello, how are you?" Not a "how's school going?" Only "are you normal yet?"