• 2 •

° °

.Skai.

Harry.

I smile. "Good day. Welcome to Hotel dé Charlieé, how may I help you?"

"We have a reservation for the night-" she pauses smiling at Harry. Noticing their entwined arms, I could guess they were doing really good. "Under Harry Sykes."

"Hmm" I mumble.

I go through the system frantically before speaking "Mr Harry Sykes, seat number 704. That way please." I respond still with a small smile plastered on my face.

As they begin to walk away, I huff lightly, the sudden feeling of suffocation clearing.

"Hold on" I hear from behind me. "You look quite familiar."

What?

Feeling his presence in front of me, my head falls lower, in an escape from his face.

"Skai?"

"Do you need anything, sir?" I ask innocently, looking at the system, my mind running in circles. Why did he call me? What does he want? He seems happy with Ariel.. And not me.

He coughs. "No, not for now."

Raising my head, my eyes jam with his for a split second, before being disrupted by his movement away from me.

"Babe, let's get our seats" Ariel's chirpy voice feels my ears, but it didn't hurt. What hurt was Harry, he didn't acknowledge m- my presence.

I feel liquid drop to my cheek, and just immediately, my hands race to my face, wiping them away. No, I won't cry anymore. I won't, I just won't.

Tess says we only cry for those who need our tears, he doesn't and I'm a fool for attempting something this stupid.

After composing myself, I continue with the record of available rooms and reserved seating areas till our break period.

..

"Baby girl, you don't have to worry about that, all you need is a few hundred photos." Tess says as she goes through her instagram followers.

"Tess, you know that's not possible. I'm not even going to bother myself anymore. It's still gonna stick at three thousand" I retort dryly, taking a bite of the hotdog served at the staff cafeteria.

"And one, and one, SK. Three thousand and one." she stops smiling at her phone, before glancing at me. "Look-"

"Ms. McCormick?" Ms. Pierré's voice fills the room in an commanding tone.

"Bitch" Tess grumbles, involuntarily forcing a cough from me.

"What?"

"Nothing ma'am, just blabs"

She eyes us suspiciously for a moment, assessing me in particular very openly.

"Both of you, follow me."

I nod, upon noticing that she had begun to walk to the opposite direction of the hallway.

"Aren't you coming?" I ask Tess, who made no move to get up.

"Aren't you coming?" she mimics with an annoyed expression. "There's a reason why it's called your break, no extra work. Fucking bitch ordering me around, I mean do I look like someone to be ordered?" she swiftly flips her hair away from her shoulders.

"No, but does she know that? Get up, and let's find out the reason we are being called."

She stands up, adjusting her skirt. "You don't know how bad I want to strangle you"