Chapter Forty-Seven: No, Diego, No! / Five, You Stupid Child / They're Just Fine

Zacznij od początku

Diego smiled dopily and started to talk.

[hargreeves basement–thursday morning]

Jordan grimaced as Five scrunched his nose up in pain. "Are you sure you're okay to do this?" he asked, his hands lightly touching the other boy's shoulders.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Five said, shoving Jordan's hands off. Jordan pressed his lips in a thin line, slipping his hand into Five's. He gave it a gentle squeeze and said,

"Whenever you're ready."

Five squeezed his hand back and frowned, closing his eyes. Sweat started to break out on his forehead; then, with a ripple of air, a blue portal appeared in front of them. On the other side appeared to be an alleyway, a back entrance to some restaurant.

"Go," Five muttered, teeth clenched. "Gotta go."

Jordan quickly stepped through, his stomach swirling, and then the sun was warm on his face and a light, playful breeze was running through his hair. Five followed, and Jordan whirled around with a grin on his face.

Five smiled back and then collapsed, his head cracking on the pavement.

[jordan's house–thursday, midday]

Allison vomited into the toilet, the bile in her mouth making tears fall from her eyes. She leaned back, pressing her palms into her eyes and wishing she was just dead. She didn't deserve this! She'd tried to be a good sister, to be a good super-hero, to be a good human being! What had she ever done to deserve this?

You let your brother lock up your sister, dumbass, a voice in her head whispered. You used your powers to manipulate people for simple reasons: to get them to hire you, to join the team, to eat their vegetables.

To love you.

Allison let out a choked sob and her hands went back into her hair, pulling on the curly strands. Dirt coated her face, small trails cleared where tears had fallen. Her mouth tasted like vomit, and the thought of it—the chunks of food she'd eaten sporadically over the past few days was trying to fly back up from her stomach.

She threw her head back over the toilet and retched, hardly anything solid coming out. Shaking, Allison leaned backwards, her lips forming the words: I am not at fault. I am not at fault. I am not at fault.

But she was at fault. It was all her fault. Everything was. Vanya, lying up on Ron's bed, bleeding out, that was Allison's fault. Luther's bleeding hands from digging a hole, that was her fault. Diego, missing and probably being tortured, that was her fault. Five and Jordan, left all alone with their father, that was her fault too. It was all her fault.

She should be dead.

Someone knocked on the door hesitantly.

"Allison?" Ben asked quietly. "Are you alright?"

"Y-Yeah," Allison replied, her voice cracking. "I'm fine."

The door creaked open, and Ben was there. He was fidgeting with his sweater, mouth pulled down into a frown. "You're not fine, Allison."

Allison looked up at her brother, who had been dead for so long. That was her fault too, of course; if she'd just been faster that day, she could've saved Ben. She could've saved so many things, if she'd only been faster.

If only.

Allison released a sob that tore through her soul, and Ben immediately dropped down to the bathroom floor, wrapping his arms around her. She leaned into his shoulder and cried, shaking. Ben didn't say anything, just rubbed her back and rocked gently back and forth.

"It's all my fault," Allison whispered through the tears.

"What's your fault?"

"Everything," Allison breathed, and then the emotions rolled over her like a tidal wave and she was reduced to a sobbing mess once more.

Ben waved at someone, and they walked away, but she didn't care. Her sight was blurred and her chest ached with the need for breath, but she couldn't stop. She couldn't stop. It was all her fault.

Ben and Allison sat there until one. Allison stumbled down to Ron's room and fell asleep in the chair next to the bed where Vanya slept, her eyes puffy and red.

"Is she okay?" Klaus asked when Ben finally came down the stairs. He shook his head and Klaus sighed.

"Yeah, I get it."

The two brothers went into the kitchen, searching the kitchen for food. There was practically nothing; Jordan hadn't ever gotten the chance to go shopping. Klaus found the list on the floor in the living room, boot prints and blood covering it.

A/N:
ugh im sorry i feel like my quality is getting bad again    :/
i hope you liked this chapter anyways and that you have a lovely day!!!!!!