Heart Attack

I stared back at him, wondering where he had gotten such an idea. It would have been less surprising if he had simply said. "It's frustrating to see your pouty face, so I give you my apology and accept it!"

A giggle escaped my lips imagining his poker face as he said those lines. Shaking my head, I brought my mind to reality.

" I can't believe that..." I started, but took an unfortunate miscalculated step back and found no floor for support.

And then as I noticed the side rails that I couls have caught onto, a brilliant idea set off in my crooked mind.

Sporting a winning smirk and folded hands, I made no effort to save myself from peril.

In a messy splash I was greeted by the currents of thr dazzling river. A more graceful and quiet splash followed and we emerged face to face, one with a smirk and the other a frown.

"You weren't going to drown." He announced looking up the flowers I upheld.

I ģrinned, but the comeback died in my mouth in momentary distraction. Each droplet dripping from his silk hair shone like a starry crown atop his head and the two sun light orbs shone with amusement behind heavy night lashes.

Why the hell am I seeing things in Hd?

"Apology accepted." I muttered coming back tp my senses.

"I never apologized." He stated, but the words lacked the harshness he meant for.

An evil smile streched into place. "That's what I guessed, so had my revenge carried out just in case"

The second he realized my plan which had already come into play he disappeared. In triumph I swam to the shore and my feets weighed down with the soaked clothes.

But miraculously the roses remained dry and looking at them now, I realized that yellow stood for apology.

Looking around, I found no trace of my brooding patient.

Meanie

As I made my way to the palace, I found Will at the entrance with a baby pink towel. Finally, someone who cares.

Wait, that doesn't sound right. He tricked me! And I have known to be merciful.

I staggered, slightly swaying on my feet as I rubbed my forehead in pretentious tiredness.

The next step I took was my master peice. Stumbling forward, I barely managed to regain balancd.

With a hidden smile I glanced up finding my trick work very efficiently. The towel was dropped to the ground, his initial steps turning to sprints.

As if reaching my limits I fell forward, but Will was already there with his warm hands.

Without him noticing, I neatly placed the roses on the ground near us.

Gently placing me against his chest he patted my cheeks."Elie, Elie!" Eyes still shut I smiled. "Can't you let me sleep?"

His hands loosened and the invisible ones that had grabbed onto my waist as I fell disappeared.

God, I'm good.

Rolling out of Will' numb hands, I laughed, but I couldn't enjoy the win. A set of dead serious blue orbs unleashed their frightening glare upon me.

Regret my old friend, hello.

"You tricked me first." I defended understanding that I wasn't going to get away with this.

The question he asked asked in reply was forced into calmness. "Which was scarier Elie?

He drew in his legs and hid away his face in his hands with a sigh.