I don't think So

"What could he be jealous of? Is it that he can't reach my level of crazy?" I joked wishing it was all just a sad joke.

Pinching my cheeks, Will smiled. "He is not jealous of you"

"Then who is the King of the Underworld jealous of?"

"That's what makes it so funny." He fell into another round of hysterics falling on to the floor as I get off. Smashing his fists on the floor, his laughs turned into coughs and ragged breaths, marking the onset of another cycle. Ignoring the laughing mess, I turned on my heels ones again letting myself be lost in the maze of corridors.

Making colorful faces at each painting I passed by I wondered the time and the effort the artist took to bring them into such detailed authenticity. Differentiable backgrounds and attires, only his stoic face remained constant.

But with close inspection, one could notice the changing shades of darkness and sky that his eyes cast. One such painting held me in place, with the iris burning like molten magma and dark pupils dilated to slits.

The artist I doubt still lives.

Then suddenly as I walked again, I encountered a group of men on guard at one of the many exits. They were ironic in the land where no one could leave.

Unless The King found you too annoying to be made a permanent-guest, I thought as they let me pass freely.

Catching the light coming from the distance I walked towards it, to find a brook shimmering in the light that fell over it.

So I went along the hurrying brook, which fell over little cascades in its haste, never looking once at the flowers that were glimmering all along its banks.

Settling on the moist-grass, I loosened my hair which caught the cool-winds in its strands.

In the strikingly clear water, the pebbles were in full display. It was when I reached for one that I noticed a small flash wiggling past my fingers. How could this be?

In the following few seconds, a swarm of multicolored fishes gathered around my feet submerged in the shallow waters. Suddenly I was taking a class on 'Pollution and fish lives' with the school of fishes.

Was this creepy? Yes, with my mind abruptly liking the chance of them being flesh-eating.

But before I could move a muscle, they were shooed away with the arrival of William Isherwood who fist-bumped my head complaining. "You left me alone."

I grinned, patting the ground next to me. "Forgive me." He pouted adorably but sat down. Relaxing with his head thrown back he looked calm for someone who was just recently dying of laughter.

My eyes once again caught the aquatic life that resurfaced from their hiding places. "The living cannot be in Underworld then how are there fishes here or are they dead too?"

Will straightened following my line of sight smiling. "This brook is part of the river Oceanus which runs through both the Underworld and the mortal realm. But they do not usually come into the open like this."

"Why did they come out now?" this caused Will's smile to widen.

"It's because of you."

"Me? I am not a fish whisperer."

He chuckled upon hearing my declaration. "You indeed are not one, but you being living they are attracted to you while being scared of us." The explanation made sense.

"You know I miss the good old days when mosquitoes were the only thing attracted to me," I commented lying back, but he raised his eyebrows in question. "You ever had a normal life?" The query caused me to laugh and my mind to linger on the memory of the boy with wings.

"Not really. But here, my days are more abnormal than my normal, abnormal though I like it here." He beamed like the afternoon sun, "I am glad you like it." I nodded, and we fell into calming silence.

I realized I had fallen asleep when Will nudged me awake from where I lay pillowed by his arm. "It's been almost two earthly hours. Your caretakers will start to worry." I nodded letting Will pull me up, and having come to an understanding of how lazy I could be he did not wait for me to start walking.

Easily picked up by the pair of strong arms, I let myself snuggle into the comfort. "Can I ask you something Will?" The sleepiness still evident in my voice.

"Of course, you can." He patted the back of my head resting on his shoulder.

"Can you put the barrier back on?" I asked and instantly with the wave of his hands the barrier was back on. He gently pried my off of him to get a better look at my face. "What is it?"

"You promise?"

"I promise."

I motioned him to come closer and as he leaned in I whispered into his ears."Do you like elephants?" I swear if he weren't holding me he would have face palmed as he said. "I should have known it was something of sort."

"You still didn't answer me." I pointed out making him sigh.

"Yes I like them." He answered with a smile he was soon going to lose.

"Why do you like them?"

Without putting much thought into it, he simply answered. "Because they are round."

"Footballs are round, do you like them too?"

"I guess so," Will reply eyeing me with curiosity.

"So do you play football?"

"No." He shook his head, and it may have been his instincts that made him suspicious of my angelic smile.

"So you like round things, but you don't play with round things, so doesn't that eventually mean that you don't like round things as you hate playing with them. And football is a physical sport so you have to come in contact with a round thing, as you even despise its touch shouldn't the conclusion be that you hate round things? Remember you have to answer because you promised." I say in one breath laughing internally as his face grew pale.

Finally he understood what he had accidently gotten himself into. "You have thirty seconds to answer." I notified with a hard to hide grin of evil intent.

                     please do support my work by voting for my story.