_-_-_-Chapter 16-_-_-_

Começar do início

" Well, yeah, but Thompson made very clear that I mustn't die, so no one dared to hold up their gun for too long.

Well, I got impatient, somehow took the gun and shot one of them. I pushed the other one of the banister and slammed the last ones head into a pole...

Then I walked to the railing again and looked into the shocked faces of our colleagues, " See, I told you I'm not dangerous for you", I tried to comfort them but failed awfully.

A few minutes later, I walked off with Thompson to his office where I had to listen to him for over an hour about how I couldn't do this and everything."

After I told this story he just laughed at me and told me how this action suited me.

"So they actually act like they aren't afraid of you now?", he requested and I nodded.

"They try at least."

*******

" Should I call him? We waited for so long...", I sighed annoyed and let me fall into my chair.

Nate raised one eyebrow at me and took a sip of his macchiato before saying, how impatient I am because we just waited for 15 minutes.

But 15 minutes are still 15 minutes!

" I'm bored!"

" You're always bored."

" I know, but because we don't have anything else to do, you can tell me about the last year, tell me more about London and your new life"

A smile spread across his face and he started speaking,

"It's completely different from our life here.

I do an education as an IT specialist and found some new friends, normal friends. They are going clubbing for fun, not just pretending as we did for arresting somebody.

I don't have to hide anymore, of course, I have a different name, but this was the last time I had to change my identity.

Also, I don't need a gun at home or cameras, nobody dangerous is interested in me anymore and almost every document of me is burned or deleted."

Actually, I had my doubts about that, rank high agents could always get what they want, and if they got kidnapped,... well, I'll let this open.

"I can see my parents whenever I want, they now also live in England. You know they were always protective about me, they knew that I did some shit whilst I was working here. They always thought that I was in a gang or something like that, but now they look so much happier,so much less worried.

Anyways the best thing is that I don't have to be in charge of peoples life. If I make a mistake while I am programming, it's just the computer which gets damaged, not a person who could die.

It's like a heavy burden lifted off of my shoulders, ... especially after Raven's Death."

His words were soft, almost a whisper. He tried to say it calmly for me, but I just couldn't look him in the eyes.

I was happy for him, really, but I just can't think about her without getting... quiet.

I couldn't let him see how broken I had to look right now.

The guilt was destroying me day after day, but I ignored it, I didn't cry, I didn't show emotion, no weakness was allowed. That is how I was educated and trained for. If I showed emotion I got punished, I still have scars because of it.

" Shay, it wasn't your fault, you couldn't do anything. I know what happe- "

" So you also know that it was, in fact, my fault, I'm the reason for her death, it was me who didn't do anything.