Things get tense...

A/N - We're up to chapter 13 and not that much further to go! I did also want to say thank you to anyone who has reviewed and even given constructive criticism (You know who you are) They are always extremely welcomed  even if it is basically spotting my mistakes. Also this is very short and slightly uneventful - oh well.

******

Everything happened so fast, things were still a blur for Jason. All he knew was that there was shouting - a lot of it. And of course the fiery blaze. Streaks of orange-gold flames engulfed the cafe in a deadly embrace. "Percy! Perce!" His own voice sounded hoarse from the proximity to the smoke and even more from the raw anguish he was feeling. Percy. Where are you? Perce...my Percy. The commotion had awoken many other members of the pack as they all swarmed the blaze in feeble attempts to put it out. Jason barely registered as the rough hands of his own father gripped him and manhandled him away. "Jason!" cried his mother once they'd made it safely back home. That was all it took for his internal barrier to break. He was supposed to be the leader of the pack, a strong alpha but what was the point in being strong if just the thought of living without Percy made him weak?

******

Five hours. Five hours is how long it took to put out the fire that had ravaged the small cafe. Nothing was left except a burnt bracelet and a lifeless Charles. They never did find Percy. There was nothing they could do for Silena as she had to watch the charred body of her mate get carried away and taken to a warlock for the preservation process. After that, well, Charles had always said that he loved the secluded cove near the bottom of Mount Olympus; that would be an appropriate place for him to spend his eternal slumber. At least that was what Leo had thought - Silena had completely shut down as soon as she glimpsed that lifeless body and not even Pipes had managed to get her to stop. None of it was good for the pups. Somehow they had wrestled her into an infirmary room following the start of an extremely early labour brought on by excessive grief. Leo had no idea where Jason had ended up, his parents probably took him somewhere. Nico and Will were in the infirmary too but due to his own pregnancy, Will had to appoint some other healers to deal with Silena's unforeseen birthing complications. Frank was busy trying to cheer up Hazel whilst still fighting away his own grief. Leo wanted nothing more than to go up to them and be the one to tell them it was all going to be okay. But how could he tell them that? Percy, his own brother was missing and Charles, the boy who had always looked out for him was dead. Maybe Percy is really gone too.

For Leo the pain of the night was only intensified as past memories of his real mother resurfaced. He remembered her smile whenever Leo created a new gadget but that also reminded him of death's sweet grin as forest flames took her and those other poor wolves away. Much like the amber ones that still licked the sky in the early hours of the morning despite the fact that the main blaze had already been put out ages ago. "...Leo?" called out a gentle but slightly shaking voice, "Where's Percy?" The usually mischievous werewolf turned around to see Tyson still in his night clothes yawning from being woken up this early. It took Leo a couple of frantic moments to realise that whilst he was reminiscing his feet had taken him to the one place where he still felt safe - home. "-and why are you up so early?" The little boy continued having not read the stress and emotional pain that was surely present on the werewolf's face. "Uh..." Was the only barely coherent thing Leo had to say. How on earth was he supposed to tell Tyson, his sweet innocent brother, that Percy was gone - and possibly forever - especially after the poor little warlock has already lost so much in his life. "Leo?" Called out another voice and Leo instantly recognised the concerned voice as the woman who had become his mother standing in the doorway. Oh no, what am I supposed to say when she asks about...it? "What's going on? What's all the commotion abou- wait, where's Percy?" Unlike Tyson, May instantly picks up on Leo's somber mood. Her face morphed into one of dread and fear. "Leo," she said with an urgent tone, "Where. Is . Percy?!" Leo felt himself tear up and tremble.

"We-I don't know."

"What do you mean by that?!"

"There was a, a fire...in the bakery." May let out a small gasp as her brain connected to dots.

"The commotion, the light, that was-" Whatever else she was going to say stopped as she saw her boy break down in a small cascade of tears.

"Mommy?" Asked Tyson confused, "What's wrong?" Miss Castellan gave a weak smile and extended her arms to take in both children. With the knowledge that Ella was safe in the company of her friend Mrs Gardener, May tried to convey all her love in the touch between her and her children. At least I know you lot are safe.

***Time skip to the evening after***

Jason stood at the wreckage of the bakery with a grim look adorning his face. "You know what this means," warned Reyna who was stood beside him, "You know what this could lead to."

"Yes."

"And you're still willing to try?" Asked Annabeth.

"I'm not saying you have to come with me." He answered back as he turned to look each of his friends in the eye. The whole pack was gathered in the square waiting in silence for their Alpha to make the call. "And we're not letting you go alone." Retorted Nico.

"Son, we're here with you. I should've cleared up this mess when the problem first started instead of just letting it go. Hell will freeze over before I make the same mistake again." If they weren't surrounded by the whole pack Jason might've gotten emotional.

"Thanks dad."

"So we're really going to do this?" Asked Will.

"You're not going anywhere whilst you're with pups mister!" Scolded May

"Yes Miss Castellan."

Nico grinned, "Don't worry babe, I'll make sure to kick their asses for you."

"So, when are we leaving?" Piper questioned.

"Now."

******

A/N - I decided to skip forward to the evening after to show you what's in store but don't worry I will go back to fill in what happened that day. (Also I had to write this with writer's block so that's my weak excuse if this isn't 100%) Peace x