Things get closer...

A/N - I'm to impatient to wait another week to update even though I had major writers' block while finishing this. Hopefully I managed to scrape at least some good work together.

******

Percy was full of excited nerves. After so many years of refusing the comfort of an alpha he had finally given in to the luxury of somebody to support, comfort and soothe him. Granted it had only been four days ago that he had started to feel like this but Jason had managed to make it feel like they had been together forever. Of course in no way was Percy ever going to feel like he was worth less or was more inferior to the Pack leader. His craving to submit whenever the blonde would flash a smile didn't mean he would follow around like a blind puppy. He could still fight his own battles but now he just had the added reassurance that Jason was there to fight along side him anyway. The whirlpool of new and exciting emotions Percy was feeling led to a sleepless night. Today is my birthday. I'm going to present and then my Alpha will finally claim me. 'His alpha'. Somehow over the course of just a few days the blue-eyed werewolf had managed to make Percy fall in love with every aspect of the other's being. The way he caught Jason staring when the other thought no-one was looking;The amount of effort he put into perfecting the blue cookie recipe; The amount of tolerance he had when Percy's ADHD took him elsewhere and especially that adorably cute scar just above his lip that Percy still had no idea as to the story behind it. I must ask him about it when I next get the chance.

"Percy!" shouted a group of different voices from downstairs like some odd symphony. Immediately he smiled and rushed to answer the call of his family. May, Leo, Tyson and Ella were all standing around the kitchen table which held a huge selection of different blue breakfast foods. He took his time to look at each in turn, his mouth watering when his eyes rested on a plate of blue waffles right next to a stack of blue pancakes. "Happy Birthday." his adoptive mother said in small whisper although the words still echoed in Percy's brain. Slowly lifting his head up he saw May's tear-stained cheeks and watery blue eyes looking at him with complete adoration and motherly love. His siblings seemed to notice the intimacy of the moment and shuffled around the table so May and her son could embrace. "I love you." breathed Percy into the shoulder of his mother in all but blood. She let out a shaky breath before replying, "I love you too."

"Awwww!" squealed Ella as she watched the heart-warming moment between the two, "You two are so cute!" As they broke away Percy smiled at his sister until he caught sight of Leo piling up his own plate of baked blue goods. "Hey!" Percy moaned indignantly. Leo stopped moving as soon as he heard the complaint; the action was so quick that it looked as if time had suddenly frozen. Gradually his eyes met Percy's looking very much like a deer caught in headlights. "It's not my fault that I got a head start!" Leo grumbled as he slouched into one of the surrounding chairs.

"I suppose it isn't," Percy agreed as he slowly stepped nearer to the table, "but 'aint no one else getting a head start now." Like a tiger he pounced at the table as everyone else got the message and soon the whole family were laughing happily in their race to fill their plates as much as possible. It was hectic and chaotic but none of them minded. The younger wolves relished in the absence of 'portion control' as even May joined in with the childish fun. My family can't get any better. Thought Percy but as soon as he said it another though came to his mind. This one was of him and a certain blue-eyed alpha with certain adorable blue-eyed pups. Woah... Where did that thought come from? I'm giving Jason a chance to prove himself to me, it's not like I've fallen for his charms already - right? I don't want to be like every other sub that gives in so easily. But is it really so wrong to want to do that?

Percy's mind continued to multitask as he laughed and joked with his siblings but on the inside was debating as to what he really wanted in life. If he started to get hot and bothered in his seat he just chalked it up to being nerves about mating and the future. If when he was thinking about his unnaturally strong familial instinct the world flashed black for a second Percy just thought it was a side effect from waking up to early. It was when he started to get a painful tug in his gut that he knew something was definitely wrong. Nearly falling of his chair, Percy grips the table cloth until his knuckles are white as the pain in his stomach becomes stronger and sharper. The attention of his family goes to him but Percy's too out of it to notice. The last thing he is aware of is when the pain becomes excruciating and Percy falls into an imaginary pit of pitch black and darkness.

******

A/N - After the next chapter I have no more drafts so you might have to bug me to write and update this work constantly. (I can be really forgetful...) Peace x