Epilogue (Chapter 19)

Life was nice. I hung up Luke's note, and read it everyday. When I graduated high school early, and pursued my dream as a vet.

"Brooke, you have a client", Becky said to me.

I waited in my office. I saw a little tabby cat come in the office. I smiled. It was the cat I rescued with Luke. She was adopted by a neighbor.

"Hi Hope", I smiled at the cat. She was so much healthier now.

"Oh darling, she is doing so much better", Ms. Smith said. Ms. Smith was an older woman looking for a companion after her husband passed away unexpectedly, so we offered Hope to her.

After Hope's checkup, I found out she was completely healthy. Not one flaw in her medical records.

When Hope left, I smiled. I went out to the lobby of the office and began to talk to Becky.

"Ah, Hope is just something else, huh?"

"Definetly", Becky agreed.

"Ah we found her on the streets with Luke", I said.

"Huh? No that's Zoe's old cat before she let it go", she said.

Zoe. Like my aunt Zoe Bretford. That bitch. I never heard from her...

"Wait what? What do you mean, let it go?"

"You didn't hear?", Becky asked.

"Hear what?".

"You know that mean old hag, Zoe Bretford? She died a couple months back..."

"What?"