Chapter 18

Luke hugged me for the last time. I saw him shed a little crystal shaped tear that ran down his cheek.

"I love you, Brooke", he smiled.

"Love you too, Hemmings", I smiled back, holding back the tears. He hauled his boxes into the back of his car.

He looked back at me, one moment before getting into the car. I shed a tear, too. I wanted to hold back them, but you can't stab someone and tell them not to bleed.

"Goodbye Luke Hemmings", I whispered to myself.

I had on my TFIOS shirt, and my ripped shorts. I remembered the envelope Luke gave me. I ran upstairs to Luke's empty room. I found the letter, sitting in the back of the room.

I sat in the corner of the room, and opened the envelope. I saw a pink piece of paper.

Brooke, I always dreaded the day I would have to kiss your gorgeous face away. You don't know how gorgeous you are. So many times have I thought to myself, "damn, she's perfect, ain't she?". I want to hug you through this letter. Frame it. Kiss it every day before school. I don't know, just remember the words I wrote you. So many times do I think of you. I wanted to spend eternity with you, I really did. Things happen, my dear Brooke Annigans. I remember the night those robbers came in. You saved me. You threw the knife in his back, like damn, I have one more reason to love her. I can't help it, I'm sorry, you're perfect. Now before you think this letters over, look in again, because I bought us matching necklaces.

Love you my sweet eternity,

Luke Hemmings

I looked in the envelope again, holding back my tears. I pulled out a silver mini heart locket. One one side, it had the photo of me and Luke sitting in front of the lake. On the other side, was a photo of Luke holding a sign saying "I love you, Brooke".

I put on the necklace immediately. I smiled, as I pretended like Luke was still here.

It's amazing how fast someone can rapidly affect you, right?