Chapter 7

This was all too real. The man was ready to shoot Luke. All the sudden I remembered the knife in my pocket. The man started to get the gun closer to Luke.

I got the knife out of my pocket, unlatched it, and prayed to god that this would work.

I positioned my elbow and flicked the knife. The knife went straight in the guys back, making him drop the gun. I went downstairs and got Luke's machete. The other two guys must have gone home or something. I went back upstairs and cut the rope on Luke's hands.

The cops came in the door and arrested the possibly dead man. I explained to the police what happened and he wrote it all down. He smiled then left with the man in cuffs.

Luke ran towards me and I jumped into his arms. I didn't want to let go. Luke looked at me and wiped the tears from my eyes.

"Thank you", Luke said, smiling.

I hugged him even more. Luke could have just died and the thought of that made me want to cry. I didn't let go for almost 5 minutes until I got a call.

"Who is it?", Luke asked.

"I don't know", I said, walking towards Luke's room.

It was my aunt Zoe. All the sudden a rush of chills ran into me. My aunt could track my phone and find out where I was hiding.

"Luke", I said.

"Yea?", he asked.

"My aunt can track me", I said slowly. "We need to get rid of this phone".

Luke hesitated and grabbed my phone and tossed it out the window. I heard it drop and it sounded a lot like it broke.

"Oh", Luke said, "sorry".

I laughed and held Luke closer than I ever did before. I closed my eyes and tried to imagine a world without him but, I couldn't. I wanted to cry thinking about me without Luke.

"Brooke", he started. He sat down on his bed. "I can't stand it. You're so perfect and amazing from the 100th hair on your head to the toes on your feet. Not only did you save me emotionally, you saved me physically. Thank you".

Luke hugged me and turned on the tv. Americas Got Talent was on and together we watched TV, at 3am.

I started to doze off and I realized Luke was doing the same. He turned off the tv and the lights and we fell asleep, holding eachother.