Chapter 39

Nothing would ever feel as sweet or right as being inside his Skyler. Except holding her in his arms, like he was now. She looked sated, but not relaxed. He hadn't been able to wipe the fear from her face, and he suspected her heart.

"Why would you lose...?" she said, her words dropping off as her eyes, filled with fear looked straight at him.

He hated springing this on her, but Wicks hadn't given him much time. "I've blown my cover, and I'm being reassigned."

Hopeful eyes looked up at him. "So, he didn't forbid you from seeing me?"

Is that what she was afraid of? "Hell, no. Even if he had, it's not like I'd listen. And he knows it."

Her entire body relaxed and she hugged him close. "How long do you have then, here, with me? I mean if you want to spend some time with me. They gave me pictures and files to read through. I still have a lot to learn about myself... and I don't know if you'll like what you learn about me."

"We're not going through that again, are we? I told you once already, I know who you are. I don't need to see an album or a diary of every adventure you've had to show me the person I fell in love with."

"Love?"

The expression on her face was too darling to leave untouched. "I think it's love. I mean, you know when you have a favorite pair of underwear that you know fits just right no matter what you do to it?"

"I'm like old underwear?" she asked, her eyes wide, slightly horrified.

"Bad analogy." He grabbed her bare ass. "Especially when this is a good look for you. Skirt, nothing beneath. Good access," he said, his hand going to her folds.

"Stop that," she said, playfully slapping him.

"Oh baby, you don't want to go there, striking an officer."

"We're the same rank."

He sank his finger into her and started stroking. "Apologize, Lieutenant."

"No," she said, as he added pressure to her clit.

"Must I reprimand you?"

"You can't. There aren't any bed posts here." She looked satisfied that she had outsmarted him, but then he added a second finger and her eyes hooded so seductively that he was too far gone to back down.

He pulled her shirt over her head and tied her hands behind her before she could protest. With a smug expression on her face, she kicked at him, but he caught her leg and hooked his arm around her midsection from behind.

"Down on your knees, soldier."

She sank to her knees and licked her lips.

"Oh, you'd like that, wouldn't you? I'm not putting my cock anywhere near those teeth until I make you pay for your earlier breach of conduct."

He helped her lay flat on the rug, belly down.

"What are you doing?" she asked as he bent her legs at the knee and lifted her ankles so they rested inside the shirt stretched between her bound hands. She was spread open to him with legs and knees lifted slightly off the floor. He shoved her legs apart further as he positioned his knees between her legs. He thrust into her from behind as his mouth licked her neck. As she tried pulling her hands forward, she only managed to lift her back legs and torso up and giving him the room to drive deeper.

"Teegan!" she said as he drove into her with a furious pace.

He couldn't go slow, not with her plump ass and wet heat cradling him. Only one thing was missing. Seeing her. "Look at me," he said.

She twisted her head to the side the best she could, and seeing the utter trust in those hazel eyes seared that image of her into his soul. Her lids closed slowly as her walls squeezed him and she moaned through her climax. It was the most gorgeous look he'd ever seen and it sent him over the edge. To think that she was all his... if she'd have him.

He untied her hands and lifted her into his lap. They were both breathing heavily and the euphoria hadn't ended, and wouldn't as long as he held her.

"Teegan," she said, her head leaning against his chest as he ran his fingers up and down her arm. "You didn't answer my question about how long we have together."

No, he hadn't.

"And this probably isn't even my house, is it?"

"Nope." He didn't have the heart to tell her. The boxes were hers. They'd dumped them here to see if her personal belongings would jog her memory, but mostly to make her feel comfortable. They were nervous about her... and what she could do to them.

"They realize I'm a danger to them now, after what I did to the DNI..." Her voice trailed off.

"Yes." He wished he had something better to say to her. But they wouldn't let her stay here. She was too vulnerable, not just to Devon's Disciples, who now had a contract out on her, but to any other deviant who'd use her.

"What happens now? Between us?"

It was the same question she'd asked him in the tunnel back on Baccarus 3. "I want you in my life, Skyler, but once you leave here, I won't be able to find you. They'll hide you someplace where you'll be safe from Devon."

"And from you..."

"They won't take a risk that I'll lead anyone back to you. Especially given the ops I run."

"I understand," she said, her fingers gliding over his chest, almost absent-mindedly as her thoughts drifted elsewhere.

He caressed her cheek and she looked up at him with a tenuous smile. "I won't hold you back."

"Is that what you think?" He shook his head. "You're my happiness, Skyler. I need you, more than I need to serve, but I want both. Is that wrong of me?"

"No."

She smiled. It was the most intoxicating sight he'd ever seen and he'd never tire of it... of her. He cupped the back of her head and drew her to him. "I love you, Skyler. I can't... I won't leave you.... unless you don't want me in your life."

"Does it matter what I want? They're sending you away."

"Hell yes it matters. You're all that matters."

"Yes..." she swallowed hard, tears forming in her eyes. "I want you to stay with me, Teegan."

"Good, because I turned them down."

"You did?" She looked so hopeful he felt as if his heart would break.

"I told them I couldn't leave you. That you needed something, someone you can count on in your life. Then they gave me an offer I couldn't refuse. The benefits were too good."

"Of course not," she said, getting up from his lap and smoothing her skirt. She looked a bit lost as she searched for the rest of her clothing. When she slipped her blouse over her head, he could see the tears welling in her eyes. "Am I allowed to know what you'll be doing or where you'll be?"

"Not sure exactly where I'll be. I have to play bodyguard for some sexy asset who's pissed off a bunch of terrorists."

Her entire face lit, then fell. The worry on her face nearly gutted him. Something was wrong... despite her words, she didn't want him.