I wanted to give him back the book. I mean, at first when he gave me the book, it sort of seemed like a nice gesture. It was like when he offered me a ride back home after detention once. But as I thought more and more about it, I realized it was sort of like a nice way of saying, 'you look like shit, so here's something to help.'

I mean, don't get me wrong, like I said before I'm used to it. It just took me by surprise when I realized the possible meaning behind it.

Tucking the book under my arm, I pulled out my phone to text Amber. It was the end of the day and Amber said she would drive me home; my parents still haven't budged on the whole idea of me getting a car.

Thumbing my text, I bumped into someone and would have face planted to the ground if the person hadn't caught me. Well, gee, wasn't that nice.

"Um, Rosalie?"

I froze. Could my life get any worse than it already has? Why him of all people? Why couldn't it have been Dexter, the total nerd, or even Mr. Baker for crying out loud? Why Damien? Why did I have to bump into the one person I wanted to impress? The person I least wanted to make myself look like a fool in front of.

"D-Damien," I responded lamely. That was all I could think of. I blushed a bruising red as I tried to quickly put myself together, acting as if the fall never happened. However, that only made it worse when I almost stumbled again, his arm wrapping around my waist to keep me steady.

So I'll admitted that I had a thing for Damien, but seriously why was I acting as if he was the president or something? Gosh, why had I been acting like this around guys lately? It wasn’t like me! First Damien, then Davis, and then the stranger in that coffee shop, who by the way I would never forget. Sounds cliché? Oh well, it was the truth, he was hot!

"Rosalie? Are you okay?" Damien asked and that was when I realized I had been staring at him for what seemed like eternity. Can somebody say awkward?

"Uh, yeah, I'm fine, thanks for catching me," I said, smiling slightly as I glanced up at him.

"No problem. So what are you still doing here?" Damien asked as he picked up the book. I didn’t even realized I dropped it.

Wait. What? Oh no, he couldn’t see that! The only people who even knew I had it were Amber and Davis, Davis for obvious reasons. I tried to yank the book out of his hands before he could see the title. Laughing playfully, he held it out of my reach and read it aloud to himself.

"Beauty and Style Guide?" He said, looking at it curiously. Okay, what a douche bag move. People using their height as an advantage against me ticks me off.

"It's not mine!" I lied. Well, sort of, it was Davis's book, not mine. Which brought another question to mind.

Why did Davis have it to begin with?

"It's not?" He asked, clearly amused as he opened it to the first page to read it. Oh, this was bad, really bad.

"No, well, um, you see Davis gave it to me, and-"

"Hold on, hold on. Davis gave this to you? Like Davis, Davis? The creepy Davis?" Damien sputtered incredulously.

"He's not creepy. He can be nice,” I said, adding sometimes in my head. I had no reason to defend him, but here I was doing just that.

"Yeah, okay, and I'm the freakin' cookie monster. Davis is scary, you should stay away from him," Damien said as he sent me a worried glance.

"You shouldn't judge a book by its cover Damien." Well, wasn't I just quoting every single cliché.