The Makeover [21]

The Makeover
CHAPTER 21 (EDITED)

“Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.” 
― Aristotle

                                      Rosalie Johnson

After being dropped off at home by Christopher, I entered the house to be greated by my mother and father. My mother had a knowing smirk on her face and my dad had a slightly annoyed expression. 

"Hey guys," I said hestaintly as I slowly closed the door behind me. 

"Rosalie Johnson, just where have you been!" Oh darn. My dad just pulled out the first and last name card. This couldn't be good. Not at all. 

"You know," I cleared my throat as I tried to think up an excuse, "out and about." I said waving my hand randomly in the air as I mentally smacked myself in the forehead for such a lame excuse. 

My mom simply raised an eyebrow, but didn't say anything as my father narrowed his eyes. 

"Living room. Now," my dad said pointing to the area. He stepped aside to let me walk in the area and I knew there was no way of getting out of this. Not only did my dad use my full name, but condemned me to the living room. This is were my dad usually gives his serious talks and if serious enough, punishments such as the time I first ditched school with Christopher. 

As I sat down on the couch, my mom and dad took the seats on the opposite side of me. My dad's eyes softened slightly as he watched my mom struggle to sit down and helped her slowly sink into the soft cushions. 

There was a moment of silence. My dad looked like he was contemplating on what to say and my mother still eyed me with that unbearable smirk on her face. 

"Spill," she finally said and I frowned. 

"Uh," I said trailing off. I hated when they did that because I didn't know what they knew. It was a trick they liked to use often. They could know the littest of imformation, but by making me explain what happened first meant giving away details that they probably didn't know. It sounded confusing, but it was smart on their part. 

When I took too long to respond my father looked even more stressed. I wasn't going to lie, but for a man in his mid-forties - my dad hid his age well -  he looked like he aged about ten years in that moment. 

"Rosalie, we got a call from your school," my dad said bluntly. No more beating around the bush. Just straight to the point.

"Oh," I said, but I didn't expand. I was determind to not fall into their trap. 

"They said that someone posted several pictures of you -- you --"

"-- kissing a boy," my mother intergected with a grin. She looked as if she hit the million dollar jackpot, my dad on the other hand looked sick. I don't think he could handle the fact that his little girl was growing up. 

"It's not as bad as you think --"

"--You ditched class to go see that boy ... again!" My father cried as he interuppted me and I frowned. This was not going to end well for me, not at all. 

"Dad --"

"I forbid you from seeing that boy," my father yelled. 

"No, you don't understand," I said, but my dad was having none of it. Even my mother looked like she agreeed somewhat with my father, which annoyed me because my mom always seemed supportive of our relationship.