Hello, Us

Koge was glad that she spent those last few days with her grandmother, as the news of her death hit her hard. As one of the only people Koge felt truly close to, it was a giant loss in her life and a huge sadness that weighed upon her for weeks. The pain was made a little less severe when it came time for Kiki's Will to be announced, and what Koge received from it was more than she ever could of imagined.

The entire beachfront property and everything that resided inside was hers, along with a huge amount of funds from Kiki's life savings. Koge didn't even bother to consider her education or job at the time, spending the remainder of her time preparing to move to live down there immediately. Much to her surprise, her parents supported her, even though they had no idea of the true reasoning. Her lover had been on her mind constantly, though the happy times and the sorrow. She was incomplete without him, that blonde hot headed idiot that just so happened to be a merman. How she would ever tell her parents, she wasn't sure, but that would come eventually.

April fourteenth came and Koge took the flight down to her new home. Alone, she had insisted, to which her parents only put up a mild argument against. They would be there in a few days, thus giving Koge plenty of time to settle in and see her lover.

Pulling up to the large house was harder than she expected, however. Keys in her hand, Koge stared at the door as she tried to control the overwhelming sadness, knowing that wrinkled smiling face wouldn't be there to greet her this time. The clank of the unlocking bolt was a lonely sound, and the creaking of the large wooden doors sent a chill down her spine. Dark, dusty and untouched since Kiki's passing, Koge could have sworn she had just stepped into a haunted house.

Something else caught her eye, however. Sitting on a small table that had been purposefully placed in front of the door in the entryway was a letter, addressed to Koge. Leaving her luggage at the door and keys in the lock, Koge was quick to pick up the sealed envelope, tenderly turning it around in her hands. On the front was simply her name in Kiki's handwriting, but on the back was something that surprised her.

'Open with Katsuki.'

"Katsuki..." The thought of him pulled her eyes up towards the back of the house, instantly making a beeline towards exit to the deck. Before she knew it, she was out on the sand, instantly noticing a figure sitting near the waters edge in a chair that had come from around the swimming pool behind her. Foot casually tapping to some unknown music, the man leaned his blonde head back against the chair, awaiting an arrival.

Her arrival.

Over seven months she had been without him, and now that he was within her reach again, she felt strangled. Bakugou was here, just like he had promised he would be, with human legs and dressed in the clothing she had gotten him last summer. Yet, she was terrified. Terrified that, maybe, he was just here to cut it off with her and take back his prized necklaces, which currently rested around her neck.

Clutching them tightly, their presence and significance reassured her that wasn't going to happen. He still cared about her. He had to.

"Katsuki--"

Her voice came out as a hoarse whisper, and yet, he could still hear it over the sound of roaring waves. Instantly, his entire body froze, stiffening in shock. Then, with some silent reassurance to himself, he turned his head, that crimson gaze instantly setting a fire off within her. Still, she couldn't move.

Seeming just as cautious as she was, Bakugou stood, beginning to make his way to her with surprisingly steady legs. Smile crossing her lips, she held back the tears that welled up in her eyes, holding a hand out towards him to welcome him in closer. "I... I see you got rid of your sea legs."

A squeak escaped her lips as he snatched her hand, yanking her in closer and catching her in a passionate kiss that nearly knocked her off her feet. She wrapped her arms around his neck, unable to help a soft laugh from escaping as he squeezed her tightly.

"Shut up, Utsuro, before I change my damn mind." Bakugou smirked against her lips as he spoke, only making her cheeks flush with heat.

"You shut up, you cute man. You'll never change your mind, now. Because you'll never have to say goodbye to me that long again."

"Huh?" Bakugou looked down at her with a confused interest, releasing his grip on her just a bit so she could stand normally. "I mean, I know your... I know your grandmother passed... but what do you mean by that?"

Koge waved the envelope in front of him. "Let's read this. I bet it will tell you everything." With a nod in agreement from him, Koge carefully opened up the envelope, pulling out the letter that was inside.

My Dear Koge and Katsuki,

I have never before seen a love so pure and a connection so strong as the one shared between the two of you. It is something special, something that anyone would be blessed to have in their lifetime. Although I am, or by now, was a lonely old woman, I could see it clearly. It would be cruel of me to keep you apart any longer.

So, with my passing, I leave Koge my house and my land. Here, the two of you can live your life together, and Koge can stay when it comes time for Katsuki to return to the sea. Yes, I could tell. I wasn't blind, you know. Or deaf, mind you.

Your secret dies with me, but a new life begins along side my death. I wish you both a happy life and may your special bond forever grow stronger.

With Love,

Kiki.

As her grandmother's name left her lips, Koge lost control of the tears she had been holding back, resting against Bakugou as she folded up the letter. "She left it all to me... Including enough money for repairs and to survive off of for years." She turned back to face him, sniffling and struggling to calm. Though, the presence of his hand against her cheek helped, and she turned her lips into his palm as he wiped her tears away with rough fingers.

"Utsuro... I think... I think it's perfect."

"Huh?" Koge turned her teary gaze to look up at him, unable to resist her own smile as he had one plastered on his face. "You do?"

"No shit! It's what you wanted! And what I need. If you're fine leaving you— mmpf!" He was cut off as Koge pushed herself up, kissing him in quick succession, over and over again.

"Yes, yes, yes!" She exclaimed between kisses, laughing as he scooped her up to hold her bridal style. "Yes, it's what I want! Thank you, Katsuki."

"What are you thanking me for? I didn't do shit, except make you fall for me." Turning, he began to head towards the water, keeping her firmly in his grasp. Koge kicked her legs happily, unable to take her eyes off his face.

"Not true. I think you're the one that fell for me first-- EEK!" She squealed as he suddenly let her upper body fall, instead wrapping both arms around her waist to hold her upside down. Her back against his torso, she was left dangling, legs hooked around his shoulders to help keep herself anchored. "K-Katsuki, let me up!"

"No. Now shut up and look out at the water."

Pouting a bit as she crossed her arms over her chest, Koge followed instruction, looking out into the flipped horizon. At first, it made her quite dizzy, until she spotted something floating in the distance. "What is that?"

Not answering her just yet, Bakugou stopped at the edge of the water, giving a loud, sharp whistle that nearly made Koge jump. With the sound, more figures appeared, with varying colors. It was then that Koge recognized them as heads, especially as one with green hair brought their arms out of the water to push it back out of its face.

"I told you, Koge. They wouldn't be able to resist meeting you. No matter how much I told them to fuck off."

Smile stretching across her face, Koge observed them all, quickly noticing their reluctance easing as they gathered closer to talk. She could have sworn that she was in a dream, that all of this was just something from her imagination. But, the sun against her skin and Bakugou's touch as he shifted her back into his arms told her that it was all real. Cupping his cheeks, she gave him one more quick kiss, stroking his skin with her thumbs as she looked up into that crimson glare she had come to adore.

"I love you, Katsuki. And I can't wait to spend forever with you."