Chapter 4

Virgil's P.O.V
He made it seem so easy... but I just met him... and I can barely talk to anyone. But there's something about him that I can't ignore... he makes me feel something I haven't felt in a long time. Safe. I trusted him too quickly and that scared me. But the question remains...

Should I tell him...?

"Roman....?"
He looked up at me.
"Yeah..?"
I showed him my shoulder with a massive bruise on it.
"I know what you went through because I'M going through something like it. I try to protect my mum from my dad but when I try..."
I gulped...
"He breaks my bones. Literally...."
Romans face was the saddest I've ever seen it. He hugged me and I felt warm and fuzzy on the inside... I felt safe.
"Virgil, I know we just met, but you'll always have a home here..."
"Then do you mind if I stay a few more days?"
"Of course not! And you'll get a bed to yourself!"
"I-I feel safe around you... and I want to stay close to you... so if it's ok can I...?"
"Of course, Virgil!"
We gave each other a sweet look and a small smile but then a doorbell took us out of our trance.
"That'll be Pat and Lo!"
Roman raced to the door and opened it to see a smiling Patton with a tray of chocolate chip cookies and Logan with a small smile standing next to him.
"Ro!!!! Here! I made some cookies! :3"
"Delicious! I'll put them in the kitchen."
The whole night, Patton and Logan didn't ask about Romans parents, I did though... why am I so nosey...?
I stretched and my jumper sleeves must've rolled down a little.
"Virgil? What's all those bandages on your arm?" Patton tilted his head.
"I tripped over. They got hurt pretty bad."
Patton shrugged and continued to talk to Logan but Roman looked at me as if to say 'I know that's not the truth...' I gulped.
"I'll be right back...." I walked up to where I would be sleeping. A.K.A, Romans bedroom. He had a bathroom attached to his room and I took the bandages off to look at my completely destroyed arms. I didn't get a chance to properly clean them so I washed the remaining blood off of my arms and dried them. I re-bandaged them and looked at the mirror.

Useless
Waste of space
Mistake....
My eyes started to tear up. I looked away from the mirroring exited the bathroom to then see Roman sitting on the bed with sad puppy dog eyes.
"Virgil... I know why your arms are covered... you mutilate yourself..."
I turned my head away.
"Th-They aren't that bad...."
Really they were. Ever single last inch of my arm, top to bottom, under it and top of it. I'd hit a vain when I could. Roman didn't believe me when I said they aren't that bad.
"Virgil... please... show me what he made you do...."
I clenched my fists. I wasn't angry, just scared. I met him TODAY and he already knows too much about me. I shook my head.
"No person has ever gotten this close to me and it's scaring me. I trust you already and that's scares me.... I think you're awesome... and that scares me...."
Roman smiled, but it was a sad smile.
"Virgil, you don't think I'm scared? This is the first time I've ever lo- I mean, cared for someone this much."
Was he about to say..,
Love...?
No, he couldn't... he wouldn't... would he...?