Chapter 2

Virgil's P.O.V
I said my goodbyes to my new friends and we all exchanged numbers. I smiled as I walked away. When I was sure they couldn't see me I stopped smiling and dreaded coming home.

I walked in the door and the familiar scent of alcohol burned my nose. I could tell he was drunk. He was screaming at my mum but he stopped as soon as he realised I'd come home, I froze in fear as I heard his loud footsteps stomp down the stairs.
"YOU. YOU USELES PIECE OF SHIT, C'MERE."
He grabbed me by my hair and pulled me up the stairs. I was in so much pain but I knew better than to tell him to stop. He threw me in my room and said.
"FIND SOMETHING TO END YOUR LIFE WITH IN THERE AND DO IT."
He slammed the door and I sobbed. I ran into my bathroom and looked through my draws. I found what I was looking for

One slice
                Two slice
                                Three slice... not much room left on my arm...

When suddenly I heard my phone buzz. Tears and blood filled my sink but I quickly bandaged my arms and cleaned the blood up. I looked at my phone and saw I had a few texts from Roman.

Roman: Hey Virgil
Roman: I was wondering if you wanted to come over? I asked Patton and Logan and they're coming too.
Roman: Virgil?
Virgil: I'd love to get out of the house. Sure
Roman: excellent! You want to stay the night?
Virgil: the longer I'm there the better
Roman: ok...?! I'll get the beds set up. Btw, here's my address. *says address*
Virgil: awesome, that's pretty close! I'll be there soon.
Roman: oh shoot. There's only two spare beds. Logan and Patton will share one... but are you ok with sharing a bed with me? Or do you want the couch...?
Virgil: I'm cool with the bed 😊

I squeaked. I was so excited and happy! Yes that's right, happy... an old emotion I haven't felt in a long time. My dad always loved me leaving the house. He didn't want me anywhere near him. So as I packed my bag and headed for the door he smiled and evil smile and said.
"I wish you'd leave forever."
I slammed the door and ran to Romans house. I knocked on the door and quickly got my phone out to check what I looked like. I quickly wiped the tears from my eyes and fixed my hair. Roman opened the door and pulled me in for an embrace.
"Virgil!!! Patt and Lo should be here soon."
I smiled as I entered his house.