𝐢. "𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠"

CHAPTER ONE
❝ 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨

✧∘ଂ ࿐ ཾ

🌄🌅🌉🏙🌃🌌
( 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲 ! )

IVY COULDN'T PINPOINT exactly how or why, but something in the atmosphere felt different. Maybe it was because she had just gotten out of a session in the music studio, which had unfortunately ended quite shittily. Or perhaps it had something to do with the fact that the current weather in downtown Los Angeles was dark and gloomy; a strong contrast from what it had been earlier that same day. Both were plausible reasons, but neither felt entirely one hundred percent to the girl. 

     She ultimately decided to push the weird feeling to the side, once she saw her boyfriend enter the coffee shop she was in. A smile found its way onto her lips as her hand raised in a small wave to grab his attention and subtly motion him to make his way toward the two person booth she was occupying near the far end of the cafe; the other spot in the booth obviously being for him.

     That small coffee shop known as Sal's had quickly become Ivy and Tyler's favorite place. They'd started going there pretty frequently ever since their first date, where it rained so heavy after they had finished seeing some random movie at The Grove, and Sal's seemed like the perfect spot to seek refuge from the downpour, since it was the only place on that entire street in downtown Los Angeles that was not crowded.

     Ivy strongly cherished that moment, and that place, because it was able to turn a slightly awkward first date into something that felt much more like a friendly hangout with a light romantic touch to it. Which was something that she wasn't entirely sure her and Tyler would be able to obtain since they had already known each other, and were pretty close friends, for about six months prior to them deciding to take that step into "dating territory." So, Ivy thought that changing that relationship into something more would definitely be a bit awkward and a lot difficult; or, maybe even something that wasn't meant to happen with the pair.

However, there they were two years later, still together and going pretty strong. Or at least that's what Ivy had wholeheartedly believed.

Tyler pressed a quick kiss to the smiling girl's cheek and slid into the seat that was across from her. There was a certain look on his face that made a worried feeling course through Ivy's body. She had a strong inkling that the look on Tyler's face had something to do with the reason why everything had felt quite different to her.

     "Hey," He breathed out once he was settled in his seat.

"Is everything okay?" Ivy asked, getting straight to the point and trying to find out if something was wrong. They had been together far too long to walk on eggshells about things.

     Tyler took a pause before answering his girlfriend, as if trying to really plan out his response to the simple 'yes' or 'no' question. His hesitation told Ivy that whatever his answer was going to be wouldn't be good. "Fuck, this is so much harder than I thought it would be. I'm sorry."

     "What's going on?" Ivy asked, even though she was pretty good at reading between the lines and also reading Tyler, so she had a strong idea as to what was happening after he stated what he did, but she just didn't want to accept it. She wouldn't allow the words "break up" or "it's over" to cross her mind.