The Wrath of a Nara

Hokage-sama,

We hope that this finds you in good health. Sakura is extremely busy right now so it fell to me to write everything down.

We would first like to express our apologies for leaving. We know that this will be hard on you, but we also know that you are the strongest person we know. If you wish to contact one of us, Sakura has left an owl. You need only ask for her and she will find you.

We know that you will want to know if we are safe, and I can tell you that we are all perfectly fine. We are in a safe place. We cannot tell you where, as we fear that you will come looking for us, and after all of the good that you have done the village, they cannot afford to lose you. When you are ready to retire feel free to contact us though. You may even find someone else with us.

Shikamaru has attached a detailed action plan in case Danzo has not been taken care of yet. He did some digging before we left, and found some pretty disturbing information. We hope that you use this information for the good of the village. There are many people around you that may seem harmless enough, but our research has lead us to the distressing conclusion that you are not safe. Please, remain in the company of Kakashi or Yamato at all times, as there are people that want nothing more than to end your life.

You need to go to another ROOT base. Sai doesn't know about it, but we found it in Danzo's records. He keeps children that have more potential there, and I'm sure that Sai has told you just what they do to those children to make them fall in line.

Your friend wanted us to tell you that there are some pretty twisted experiments occurring at that particular base, trying to create some type of super soldier. As people who grew up in a very strict environment, trying to do similar to us, Neji and I ask that you do this for us. Get the children out, and let them live a normal childhood. Sai won't tell you, but he wants this too, so that they can have the childhood that he couldn't.

To our families, we wish to say that we all miss you, but this was for the best. We were being suffocated by tradition and pushed around by those that didn't even really know us. We are free to do as we want with our lives now, and that is the greatest wish come true that we could possibly receive. Tell my father that Hanabi will make a superb clan head when she reaches adulthood. I have talked to her at length about the clan responsibilities that she will have to carry out and deal with, and I am pleased to say that she is more than prepared to do just that. She has a great mind, and I can only wish luck in her future endeavors. Another Hyuuga prodigy.

Shikamaru wishes to tell Shikaku-sama that he will be there for the baby when it comes. He has no intention of being absent in his brother's life, but we need to get our feet underneath us and get settled before any of us can consider returning to visit. As our soulmates do not reside in Konoha, we are not in any rush to come back.

We hope that by then, everything has been straightened out with the council, and we will be able to move about the village freely. We understand though, that we will be foreign shinobi by then, and we will take whichever babysitters (Neji's words), that you choose.

Wishing all of the best,

Hyuuga Hinata, Hyuuga Neji, Nara Shikamaru, and Haruno Sakura

P.S. There is a seal at the bottom that will release another letter that I think you should read, Tsunade. Just hear the poor guy out, he's been deep cover for decades now.

The post script confused her at first, until she released the seal and saw a letter from Orochimaru of all people.

Fantasic,she thought.

As told, there was a detailed plan attached, written by Shikamaru. As she looked at it, her brows raised. Damn, this kid is good.

Shikaku and Hiashi had been reading over her shoulders, and when they saw the mission plan Shikaku let out a low whistle.

"Impressive. That's even better than one of mine," he said, brows raising as he read further.

"You've got a smart kid, Shikaku, hopefully those genes pass to your next kid."

Shikaku chuckled. "Hopefully."

Those sitting at the tables around them shifted impatiently.

"So? What do the traitors want?" Homura asked, snippy.

Tsunade chuckled. "If you weren't at the epicenter of this shit storm, Homura, I'm sure that you would be very impressed with Shikamaru's plan. Too bad that this is calling for your interrogation," Tsunade commented, smirking at Shikaku.

"At Shiro's hands," Shikaku added.

"Oh Kami," Inoichi muttered, seeing the look on Shikaku's face. That was never a look to be on the receiving end of. It meant hell was on your heels.

"That is hardly necessary," Homura snapped, his face showing terror.

"Oh, but it is," Shikaku said, a devious smile on his face. "You see, we Nara's don't take kindly to our own being tortured for information," his smile transformed into something downright terrifying. "And considering what the three of you did to my son, well lets just say that Shiro is going to have a great deal of fun getting the information out of you."

"You did what?" A Nara clan elder snapped, leveling a petrifying look at the two council members.

"We only asked him where the Haruno girl had gone, on her supposed vacation," Koharu sniffed.

"Oh really? Because in the letter I just read from Shikamaru he went into great detail about just exactly what was done. You had better hope you don't survive that interrogation, because if you walk out of that building alive, I will personally be coming to find you. You are vile human beings," he hissed.

"Do you remember what the punishment is, for a crime like this?" Tsunade asked, voice barely above a whisper.

The other people in the room didn't know what the letter had told them, but they were willing to bet that it wasn't good. Depending on what the punishment was, they may be able to figure it out.

"Death," Shikaku stated.

There was only two things that got a death sentence if actually taken up with a justice system and not out in the mission setting.

Torture. The extreme levels. And murder. And since Shikamaru Nara was still alive, that could only mean one thing.

He had been tortured to an extreme. Levels of which hadn't been seen in years.

"ANBU, take the council into custody. Have Shiro report what he finds to me," Tsunade stated.

"You can't do this!" the two council members yelled.

"Oh but I can. You see, Danzo's attack on me opened up a new door for us. At the moment, the only person in this village that holds any power at all is me. Martial law has been enacted. In such a case as the military leader is attacked, they are immediately to take over the affairs of the military to prevent another attack, on anyone. Danzo, in his assumption that I would be overpowered by his forces, didn't take this into account, because he thought that I would be dead before it could be enacted. So when you all meet in hell, tell him thank you for me. You three just gave me the power to do what has been needed to be done for years. There will be no more blocking me from making the necessary changes. You have no power anymore. That was taken as soon as we found that you were in on the plot, and even more so now that we have found that you tortured a member of our own village."

The two council members were gaping at her. They had really messed up.

"And as a precaution, we will be going through all of the files, ANBU, ROOT, and the regular forces, to see just how much meddling has been done by the three of you over the years."

The elders went white.

"You are lucky that they are already gone, or I guarantee they would ask to perform the interrogation themselves."

Never say that Nara's are harmless.  The council would not be saying that anytime soon.