"This here is Aya Fey." He walked to the bookshelf, pointing at me.

I waved shyly.

Miles, you're SO gonna pay!

She waved happily and trotted over to Miles.

"You're sure there's nothing fun to do today, Mr. Edgeworth?" She frowned.

"I'm positive. Unless you wanna go to a ramen noodle shop." He grabbed a book.

She gasped. "Yes! Come on, let's go!" She tugged at his arm.

"K-Kay!" Miles flinched, and pulled away. "I was joking!"

"Not anymore! Cone on!" She grabbed his arm, dragging him out of the room.

I sighed.

Now I was alone.

Kay is so after Miles....and I can't stop her, really.

I walked around, exploring Edgeworths bookshelves.

He didn't really have anything interesting.

Nothing I'd wanna read, anyway.

He came back quickly, rushing to his desk.

"Kay! You're insane!" He huffed.

She ran towards him, hopping onto his coffee table.

He yelped.

"Aya! Help me!" He screeched.

"Kay, you're gonna break that."
Was all I could say.

She looked at me. "So what? He promised me ramen!"

"He didn't promise anything. If anything, you promised yourself." I crossed my arms.

Kay sighed. "I still want ramen."

"Talk to my sister, Maya. She has a whole stack in the Wright and Co. Law Offices."

Her eyes twinkled.

"Thank you, Aya! Later, Miles!!" She jumped off the coffee table, rushing out of the room.

Miles sighed with relief. "Thank you, Aya darling.."

"Who was she?" I huffed.

"Kay Faraday. She was my investigative partner, along with Gumshoe. She's no threat to you." He hugged me from behind.

"I could see you're worried. Don't worry, she's nothing more than just a....coworker." He tucked a hair behind my ear.

Is it so hard to say 'friend'?

I nodded. "That better be the case."

"It is, Aya.." he kissed my head. "I'd never hurt you."

I smiled. "What's up with you being all sweet and caring all of a sudden?"

He chuckled and didn't answer, but instead, he put his cheek on my head.

My phone rang at that moment, and I looked at it.

"Phoenix?" Miles asked, seeing the caller ID.

"Yeah. He probably wants me to go over. He broke down a few days ago, so I might have no option but to stay." I answered the phone.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked as Miles moved over to the couch.

"Hey, Aya! I wanted to know if you wanted to have dinner at my house today..." He said shyly.

"Oh? Of course!" I smiled, looking at Miles.

He nodded as if knowing what I meant by the nod.

"I'll be there soon." I hung up.

"I promise I'll spend more time with you." I walked over to Miles and held his cheeks softly.

"It's fine. I'll find something to do." He kissed my jaw.

I kissed him and left with a sweet goodbye.

🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠

"Phoenix! Geez, you have great cooking!" I smiled.

"I've improved, I suppose." He chuckled nervously, placing his hand on the back of his neck.

"I prepared them earlier, so if it gets cold just tell me and I'll heat it up!" He smiled, picking up his fork.

"I could probably do that myself, though. How are you feeling?" I tilted my head.

"Ever since the incident? I've still been mentally broken, but I'm trying to heal. It's just a disgusting memory, y'know?" He stabbed his fork into his food and took a bite.

"It is. I really hope I didn't bring her back from the dead, because I've been training a lot and something has felt....off.." I shrugged, looking down.

"That doesn't sound good--" he finished talking, but the way he stopped seemed weird.

I looked up at him, and it was a horrifying sight.

"Phoenix?!" I stood up.

He was holding his neck as if he was choking. He struggled to breathe.

"Phoenix!" I screeched, unable to figure out what to do.

Do I help him? My mind is blurry when it comes to saving someone from choking! Should I call the police?! Call Miles?! Mia?! No...911! Call 911!

I ran over to the phone and quickly dialed the emergency number.

Phoenix, please hang in there!

Once my call was complete, I ran over to him.

He was limp on the ground, eyes slowly closing.

"Phoenix..?" I pushed his arm lightly.

"Phoenix..?!" I watched as his eyes closed.

"Phoenix!!" I cried.

He's not dead..he can't he dead! I didn't kill him! Who did?! What happened?! Please, just answer me Phoenix!

Then the door bursted open.

Who are you...? You seem familiar...oh! You're Miles's friend! Gumshoe!

"Freeze! It's the cops!" He yelled.

"P-Please! H-help..!" I stood up.

He tilted his head at me, as if he was trying to figure out who I was.

"What's your name, sweetheart?" He asked as the ambulance loaded up Phoenix.

"A-Aya...Aya Fey.." I looked down.

"Did you just get here?"

"N-no...I was here when he was choking.." I sniffled.

"Oh...I see...well then..you're coming with me!"

No...no way...you can't be arresting me! Where's your evidence?! You don't have evidence!

I didn't kill him! I didn't ....I didn't kill him...!

I didn't kill him...