Never Say Never. [3]

-Chapterr Three(:

Kaylee.

I walked out to the real world. Past the walls that have held me in since before I was even a teenager. I looked for my mother. But I didn't see her. And I sure as hell didn't expect my father, but there he was. Suit and Tie. Leaning against a black convet. Arms folded. Face grim. Dark shades on. Yup, that was him. But what was he doing her, was the real question. He never came to visit me. He blamed me for bring shame onto our family or something like that. And that I was cursed. And something in Italian, I have no idea what he said.

My mother didn't come to visit me either. She did once. But I sent her away. I didn't want her to see me like this. Like some kind of an animal, caged in. Because I was dangerous and I had broke the law. But that wasn't the truth, I had know it and so had she. I didn't want her to be ashamed of me. To see me like THIS.

''What do you want?'' I asked him. Keeping my distance.

He's facial futures didn't change. ''I'm here to pick you up. Let's go. We have things to discuss.'' He said in a tight voice.

I got into his car. It smelt good. It smelled like home. And right then, that's where I wanted to be more than anywhere else in the world. I layed my head back on the seat. It was about an hour drive to our home. My parent's divorced sometime while I was gone, my father got the house and my mother moved away. I hadn't spoken to her in years. In the center, I tried to block out everything that reminded me of her. Because I was too ashamed of myself. If I thought about her every day I was in there, it would have eaten me alive. Then how would I have survived? But now, I was back. And she was the one person I wanted to see. I had missed her so much.

''Where's my mother?'' I asked him, not opening my eyes. I didn't want to look at him.

''She's gone.'' He said in an unemotional voice.

''What do you mean 'gone'?'' I asked him, scared of the answer.

''I don't know. One day, she just disappeared. No one knows.'' He said in the same tone.

I didn't believe him. ''This is a real sick joke. Where is she?''

He said nothing. No. No. Nothing like this could have happend. No.