“Hey Kol!” she said, kissing her cheek. She saw the group of guys still hovering near the stoop of the steps. “Are they bothering you?”

“They sort of followed me on the way here. I couldn’t shake them off,” she said, heading in and taking off her coat. “Sorry I brought them here Luca. I might get you in some trouble later when they’re even more drunk.”

“No it’s fine. I’ll just check in five minutes. If they’re still there, I’ll call the police,” Luca said. “I’m just glad that nothing happened to you. Why did you walk here in the first place?”

“The cars weren’t moving after ten minutes traveling from the soup kitchen, but it was close enough that I could walk,” Kol shrugged. “Are most of them here already?”

“Niall arrived about thirty minutes before you did, with the boys. They’ll be in the sitting room. I just need to go upstairs and check on Kenny. He’s feeling a bit under the weather and he might not be able to go with us.”

“Oh okay then. Tell him I said hi,” Kol said, proceeding to the room that Luca directed her to.

The people in the room all greeted her when she arrived. Some of them were already tipsy, but her boys seemed to still be sober and just had a pint in their hands.

She quickly sidled next to Niall and related to them what had just happened on the way here. Niall looked furious the longer she was saying her story.

“You want me to check if they’re still outside?” Liam offered. He was good at boxing, so if any of them were to get in a scrap, it was always useful to have Liam on their side. Harry wasn’t bad when it came to a good punch either.

“Stay here, Kol. Me and Liam will go out to see if they’re still there,” Niall said, standing up as Liam did the same.

“Oh don’t get into a fight if they still are,” Kol said in concern. “It’s New Year and they were just having a little fun. It’s not everyday you see someone you recognize just walking on the streets alone at night.”

“We’re not going to fight them, don’t worry,” Niall reassured her, disappearing into the hallway.

“I think you better have pepper spray with you all the time though, Kol,” Harry said, his brow furrowed. “You were lucky that they didn’t have the guts to do anything to you. You really shouldn’t think too much of how good people are and won’t do anything bad to you. You keep forgetting that these guys have probably wanked to you or might have stalked you like that Chaz guy.”

“Hey, Chaz was a sweetie,” Kol said, defending that stalker of hers. “And boys are different. They’re not as possessive as the girls are of you guys.”

“We’re just worried about you, is all,” Zayn said, drinking another bit from his pint.

Liam and Niall went back into the room. Niall had that angry, stony look on his face again. Kol got up and went in front of him and put her hands on his shoulders.