Chapter 21

Hi girls! <3

You all know I'm generally not the person to think much about reader's response since the content comes from my heart, and I love it just the way it is that anyone else who appreciates it is just an addition to the abundance of love :P I, in no means, judge my work based on how much appreciation I get, but I think y'all are busy and I'm a little bored and love to connect with you! :( So please drop anything PaNi related in my messages or comments here or on my wall! <3 Love to hear from you.

This is now the only active medium where I stay in touch so always keep me updated with what's happening with y'all as well <3 Do you guys have exams ya chutti? I'm coming up with a new story too so just wanted to know if you all will be interested, it's thoda sa playboy type though :P I hope you all are in a good place and have had a great week so far! Enjoy! Much love <3 

*

*

Parth

I unbuckled my Ferraris and pulled down my shades, exposing my real identity in the tiny cab I'd hailed at the airport. It was about time I checked my phone, hopefully to hear something from Niti. But no, 12 missed calls and 3 voicemails from Aai and just 1 message from Baba.

'Teri aaj phatne wali hai, beta. Tried my best, no luck. Sorry!'

I couldn't be bothered going through the voicemails either. It was a pity how grown, but Indian, men had to always let everyone in their immediate family know about their whereabouts, and that too constantly. I also knew I would have to face the wrath if I directly called Aai up, which was why I took an alternative, rather hopeful, route. I rang Baba up.

"Aarav, tu kahan reh gaya? Teri maa kabse try kar rahi hai!" He gasped, in the typical melodramatic tone, which I was sure he did on purpose maybe because Aai was around as well and it wouldn't go well on her that her husband wasn't on her side. I heaved a huge sigh.

"Baba, I'm just in Delhi, came with the Yaariaan crew to do some shoots." I blatantly lied, while sipping my water that had become warm in the Delhi sun. God, I could genuinely get an Oscar for the number of lies I've told so far, and to everyone I've known.

"On Diwali weekend? Hadd hi ho gayi! Vikas ko phone do, let me just..."

"NO!" The driver slammed the brakes, frightened by my intonation. "I mean... you don't have to worry, kal tak aa jaaunga."

"Kal choti Diwali hai beta!"

"I promise, I'll be there by midnight." I didn't know why I made that promise, but at the same time I didn't know why I came to Delhi in the first place either. I just came to tell her 'thank you'... for taking care of me when I was drunk, I justified to myself like a dumbass toddler that needed to validate every action to his mother.