Chapter 15

No big notes HERE, there is so much in this part, GO READ AND SHOWER LOTS OF LOVE FOR YOUR KRISHI BABY! Thanks a ton for the love and support I'm getting on my fanpage and Wattpad too, and yes I'm only 15 :P

*

*

Parth

I watched as she masked her sadness with a fake smile. I was numb with engulfed terror, not knowing how to approach or react to a distressed crying girl–for the very first time. Fake smiles always have a story behind them.

Right, I looked nothing less than a stalker, standing right outside her cabin and creeping in on her at 10 in the night! Witnessing Niti cry by herself made a little part in me shatter. It can't be love, and it's definitely not love... Love doesn't feel like this, Parth! Love takes time. Love requires patience and commitment from both ends. Love is...

"Suno..." I muttered under my breath as she exited her vanity.

"Parth!" She wisped quite loudly, her hair flying off her shoulders as she turned around and gaped at me with eyes of a hawk. I didn't expect such a horrified reaction from her. I would be worried otherwise, but the way her palm was pressed over her heart and the way her chest heaved under the gentle lighting made my heart smile. It was just the little things about her that I noticed because she was responsible for rewarding me with happiness–getting tasty food on sets–and for no reason at all.

"Dara diya tumne toh... acchha batao kya baat hai?" She said, quickly diverting the wandering-off professionalism barrier between us and avoiding eye-contact in the process. Anyone would find it suspicious that the people playing such a romantic couple on screen were not even friends in real life. I believe the 'not friends' phase actually helps the onscreen romance. Parth and Niti, just like Manik and Nandini that time, were never 'friends.'

Anyways, a lot of courage in me was consumed to say the next few words without sounding creepy. There was a more significant psychological issue behind my lack of confidence with women; and a majority of the times, I managed to mask that insecurity well–this was not one of those times. I took a tiny step closer, and I knew it was only a little step because my big feet didn't feel like they even shifted. I leaned in a little bit to look at her face from the open crevice between her hair strands.

"Tum andhar... ro rahi thi?" I never sounded more underconfident in my entire life. I already knew the answer of course, but I wanted her to confess how much she valued our 'bond' and how low she could trust her walls down on me.

Only God knew how such an uptight and reserved man could melt down his layers of hardness and be purely vulnerable for a woman like Niti. I'm not gonna lie; for a few moments, I tried putting myself in her shoes and a younger me, a darker, broken version was who I could envision within me. On some levels, I connected with her in unspoken ways. That was our bond–unspoken sparks.