Chapter 8

Heylo PaNi stans! The previous chapter almost got 100 votes, which is super exciting! :") Thank you tons for all the love! Thanks for adding to your reading lists and following too! Even commentors make me super happy so please leave one if you think I deserve one! All your support drives me to write more :P Krishi loves every one of you and this update will be fun! ;)

*

*

Niti

"Excuse me?" The echoes of my scream rang in the premises of the enclosed space. Chandni instantly braked the car, horrified at the way I was shouting at him.

"Don't you raise your voice, okay?"

"Parth, you're drunk."

"No, you tell me... why didn't you stop me?"

"Goodnight." I tapped the red circle on my phone, cutting the call. In fact, I dropped a message on the girls' group that I left and then switched off my phone furiously. Chandni tapped the steering wheel impatiently.

"Care to explain?"

"Look at the messages he sends." I tapped the fingerprint sensor but it didn't seem to recognize my impression. I bumped my password in and noticed the sweat on my fingers smeared onto the screen. Was I that nervous? Masking my emotions, I read the message out aloud to her.

"What if he actually misses you?" My lips pressed into a slit. I actually scowled at her. Was she really that dumb or was everyone around me trying to only test my patience?

"Chandni, wake up! He has a girlfriend!"

She heard that enough all right. She was sick of that excuse I pulled off. "Oh come on, and you let him kiss you?" I was taken aback.

"It's not like we made out!" It seemed to me that I was justifying myself. "I... I didn't know what to do."

*

For a few weeks after that, we never spoke to each other. I skipped the wedding, in an attempt to avoid any more embarrassments while the rest of the cast attended and Chandni too had to do her duties there.

Even when Parth came back to sets with a sober mind to talk it out, I just screamed that I was committed to somebody else. I thought it would help keep distance and that we would remain cordial. God knew I was lying!

I felt a little lonely, because undeniably, he became an important part of my life even if he wasn't in my good books. Sometimes, I wondered if I was the real reason for all the awkwardness between us. Was I too uptight?

I did want to apologize for the lie but my subconscious mind didn't allow me to. Why did I have to apologize? I didn't do anything wrong. I was trying to keep away from him, for the benefit of both of us.