He's also annoying, because he actually is quite funny. He's also one of the most attractive humans I've come across, like some greek god with his long beach waved chestnut hair to his shoulders and deep olive skin. Not to mention, he's also one of the most frustratingly nice humans I've met - Just like with Frankie, you don't get to be that fucking attractive and nice you dick.

I have to tilt my head up slightly to look at him properly, considering he's six-foot-fuck-off and I often wonder if he's ever walked head first into the top of a doorway.

"You're just gonna go right ahead and ignore the sarcasm aren't you?" I say with a pointed look.

Sam shrugs, flashing a bright toothy smile with a nod "Absolutely, I always do. It's like our own little thing we have."

Ever since I started work at this burger place six months ago, I've really tried to dislike Sam. But the son of a bitch just keeps being so damn... Lovable.

It's like trying hate a baby seal, have you seen those things? They're fucking adorable.

I was trying to stick to my plan of avoiding human interaction, and avoid making friends but he's been putting holes in that plan since the day I met him.

Like I said, annoying.

Did I mention he and Frankie get along great? I fucking wonder why.

"Look, the reason I interrupted your little Drew trance is because there's a customer at booth 3 that specifically asked for you - I know it's your lunch break soon but do you think you could sort that booth out first with their orders?" Sam looks way too happy about what he just said.

No one that knows me comes to my work aside from Frankie, and Alex is never here without him.

So that only leaves one other dickhead.

I narrow my eyes, running my tongue along the inside of my cheek "He wasn't smirking by any chance was he? Perhaps smug and British as well?"

Sam points at me, with a face like he's just struck gold "Ah-huh! So you do know him. Is he a friend? Have you actually made a new friend Drew? Did hell freeze over? Who is he? I want details"

I glare at Sam, folding my arms over my chest "Can you quit the interrogation? He isn't a friend. He's Frankies cousin. I barely know him - he probably just wants a discount on his meal or something because he knows me"

Same with all people, they always want something. They always have some kind of motive.

Sams large built arms drop to his side, with deflated shoulders and a pout "Well that's fucking boring"

I walk a couple steps to the doorway of the kitchen, peeking out to look towards the booth and catch a brief glimpse of back of smirkys stupid head.

He has his long hair up today, pulled up into a messy bun that looks effortless and I'm annoyed at how good it looks.

If I try and do that I look like I have a dead animal sitting on my head.

I look back to Sam, who also has his hair up in the same type of infuriatingly perfect bun and huff "Can't you go serve him? Start some man bun bro club and fist bump or something? Start a scrunchy collection together?"

He raises a sharp brow at me, but looks intrigued over my reaction to Harry and why I'm being apprehensive about serving him "I think me being the boss means I don't wait the tables darlin' - why don't you wanna serve him? Hm?"

"Because he's annoying" I groan, throwing my head back.

Sam gives me a suspicious look, like he doesn't buy it and there's more to it.