Chapter Eleven

"One of these nights, one of these crazy old nights
We're gonna find out, pretty mama, what turns on your lights
The full moon is calling, the fever is high
And the wicked wind whispers and moans
You got your demons, you got your desires
Well, I got a few of my own"

***

The car ride with Harry has been fairly silent, aside from him trying to drag conversation out of me which isn't really going well for him.

"You know, when you hang out with someone - generally you speak to each other" he points out, tapping his thumbs on the steering wheel to the music playing on the radio as we drive through traffic.

I have no clue where we're going, hopefully it's somewhere with vodka so I can drink away this anxiety over being out with this dickhead.

I'm just not good at socialising. Especially with someone like him.

"Talk to the pig" I reply with a deadpan tone, staring straight ahead.

Harry coughs to cover his laugh, and it's cute that he thinks I wasn't deadly fucking serious.

"You really aren't going to talk are you?" he asks, for some insane reason sounding amused.

"Nope" I reply, hoping that at the very least he will think I'm boring as a plank of wood and just end the night early.

"That's fine, I'll just do the talking - tell you about myself, I'm sure you'll love that" he says and I can hear that damn smirk in his voice.

I've never wished to be in a head on collision more in my life.

Why did I agree to this? Oh right - a pig.

Much to my dismay he starts to rattle off facts about himself like dot points and I just glare at the road ahead.

"I'm English"

No shit.

"I hate tea"

Oh no call the newspapers.

"I'm 27"

With the maturity of a 5 year old.

"Favourite food is Nachos"

...Alright, I'll give you that one. Nachos are amazing.

"I love music"

How not vague of you.

"I'm a hairdresser"

Explains the hair.

"I'm a photographer in the side"

I'm sure you are.

...He seriously isn't going to stop talking is he?

"I love to cook"

Hopefully not Meth, but it'd explain a lot.

"I am terrified of spiders"

Looks like I'm getting a pet spider.

"I can do this all night Drew" he grins, noticing me clenching my jaw and drumming my fingers against my thigh becoming more irritated by the second.

I'm far too stubborn for my own good, I've already committed to this, so I just stay silent; not even glancing in his direction and this only encourages him apparently.

"I didn't finish highschool"

Fuck he really just won't shut up will he? He's like a toddler that follows you around asking 'why?' to every thing you say.