Chapter 13

Chigurh went back to his room and puts down his weapons when he heard a motorcycle rumbling outside. Looking on the window, he saw a familiar face.

It is none other than Juuzou Suzuya.

"Nice bike..." he approached the CCG officer.

"Oh thank you," Suzuya puts up a crazy smile on his face. "I love it so much."

"Is that so?" Chigurh asked, keeping his usual stoic expression.

----

Meanwhile, Yoriko walks into class with Touka where they are met with a lot of stares.

"Oh there you two are," Mariko snarled as she approached them.

"What do you want?" Touka asked with a glare.

"What do you think? To teach you a lesson for that humiliating beating you brought up on Mayuhara," Mariko said viciously. "Be ready for it."

"Why don't you just admit defeat?" Yoriko gains confidence to stand up against her, and Touka finds that unexpected coming from her, but she's proud of her for doing something like this. "You heard what Kaneki-san said. It's obvious that she lost."

"Kaneki, huh? Is that the name of the guy who beat her and saved you, Kirishima?" Mariko snarled. "Oh, I would love to beat him up the next time he comes around."

"That's enough, Mariko!" Mayuhara enters the class, trying to calm things down. "I still hate her, but I don't want to start another fight," she said.

With this, Mariko stands down.

"Kirishima, do you know anything else about this guy?" Mayuhara asked.

"Why are you asking me? You want him to thank me for stopping you?" Touka asked nastily.

"No, it just seems that he's able to stop you so easily."

"It doesn't matter. I have a feeling it won't be your only meeting anyway."

Just then, the bell rings and everyone took their seats for the first period.

"Good job for standing up against Mariko," Touka complimented.

"I'm just trying to be tough, Touka. Just preparing myself if I ever saw that guy again," Yoriko smiled.

"Right..."

----

Back outside the motel...

"So what is someone like you doing here in Tokyo?" Suzuya asked. "Are you from America?"

"No, I'm from Mexico," Chigurh responded.

"I see... Your accent is quite interesting. What do you do for a living?"

"I hunt living beings."

"If you're looking to hunt living beings, then why don't you join me with the CCG? We can give you the finest quinque you can use in hunting ghouls."

"That's a very interesting, but I'm sorry I cannot join you. I'm already hunting them on my own right without using a quinque."

"Too bad. Well, it's worth a shot. What kind of weapons do you use in hunting them down?"

"Oh, something that requires silence," Chigurh responds blandly.

"Are you using a gun with a silencer on it?" Suzuya asked curiously.

"Yeah, something like that," was his reply.

"Do you use Q bullets at least?" another question is asked.

"Yes, I do. I'm not that stupid to use regular bullets on them," Chigurh said flatly.

"I see you know your way around this city."

"It's because someone I know taught me about everything about ghouls when I came to visit this country."

"And who is this person teaching you?" Suzuya asked with a smile.

"That is something so private I cannot tell you," Chigurh said coldly. It's been minutes since he got into a small talk with this CCG officer, so now it's time to make his move. In fact, he pulls out a coin from his coat pocket. "Call it... friendo."

"Friendo?"

Before long, Chigurh flips his coin into the air, and Suzuya realized that he has to make a choice.

"Um, Heads! No no no, Tails!" the latter stammered. "Uh... alright! Heads, then!"

Lucky for Suzuya, the coin has landed on Heads.

"Well done," Chigurh congratulated him. "See you around, friendo," he said before heading back to his room.

"I wonder what's that about," Suzuya said confusingly about him.

----

During lunch period at school, Yoriko is seen inside a stall by the ladies' restroom trying not to throw up the lunch her mother made for her.

"Compliments to your cooking, Mom," she muttered as she succeeded in not vomiting her mother's cooking down the toilet.

"Are you okay, Yoriko?" Touka asked with concern on her face.

"Yeah, I'm okay," was her reply, and it looks sad. "Now I know what it feels like to get sick eating normal food."

"Here's a little compensation for your trouble," Touka gives her a package of human meat.

"Thank you, Touka," Yoriko said gratefully.

The two smiled at each other as they spent their lunch period eating human meat in the ladies' restroom where no one would notice them.