Chapter 9

Touka and Yoriko went out of the school grounds with Mayuhara and her friends waiting for them to show up so they can go to the park where the fight will take place. Forty percent of the entire student body followed them, having heard the news about the fight.

As they crossed on one side, Chigurh is seen on the other side, and there are people surrounding him. He unknowingly bumps into Mayuhara.

"Hey, watch where you going, you bastard!" Mayuhara yelled, but he just ignores her and continues walking. "Don't ignore me! Face me and apologize!"

At least he stopped to face her.

"Are you talking to me?" Chigurh stared at her and asked in his usual monotone voice.

"Yeah, I'm talking to you, freak!" Mayuhara argued, not to mention being annoyed by his staring. "Also, quit staring at me!"

"Is there a problem, miss?" Chigurh asked.

"Oh, I have a problem, and that is you not watching where you're going!" Mayuhara exclaimed with anger.

"Oh, I'm watching where I'm going," Chigurh retorted calmly. "You're the one who needs to watch where you're going."

"Are you picking a fight with me?"

"Perhaps you're the one who's picking a fight with me."

Mayuhara just couldn't believe the man she encountered. He seems to have a comeback for everything, and that infuriates her.

"What is that?" she noticed the hose of the weapon he's carrying in which she has no idea of what he is using it for.

"Would you... hold still, please?" he said in a monotone, pointing the hose to her forehead. With his thumb on the trigger, he's willing to kill her just for being an annoyance. At least no one would trace this murder back to him since his weapon has no ammunition, therefore leaving no trace of physical evidence. Also, the sound heard when it goes off is almost completely silent.

"Mayuhara, let's go!" Mariko called for her.

"See you around," Chigurh has decided to leave her alone.

All while this is happening, Touka and Yoriko are at the park witnessing what is happening outside, and he didn't even notice them as he took his leave.

Who... who are you? Yoriko thinks to herself, trying to remember the man she saw. I've seen that face... somewhere before.

Unfortunately for her, Chigurh disappeared into the crowd before she could identify more of him.

"Yoriko, what's wrong?" Touka asked her with concern, trying to get her out of her thoughts.

"Oh, sorry for spacing out, Touka. It's just that... I feel like I met that guy somewhere before," Yoriko admitted her opinion on the man she just saw. "I don't remember what happened on that night before I woke up in the hospital. Even so, I felt like I met him, but I don't know why."

"Don't worry about it. Kaneki felt the same way when you became a you-know-what like him," Touka said quietly, trying not to bring up the 'g' word in front of the student body. "Eventually, you'll remember what happened. I guarantee it."

"Right..."

As soon as everybody is at the park, the fight between Touka and Mayuhara is about to start. They are surrounded by two kinds of crowds, and one includes where they support Touka. Of course, Yoriko is on that side, clasping her hands together as she prayed that Touka doesn't get too badly injured. The other side of the crowds is where they support Mayuhara.