Chapter 52 - Professor Umbridge

You sat in the class with Draco and Pansy. It was you first day with Umbridge and she was also your last call of the day. 

"I heard from Daphne Greengrass that her class is easy and shes nice." Pansy said. You smiled at her and Professor Umbridge walked in. 

"Hello class. Welcome to Defense against the Dark Arts. Please open your books, Defensive Magical Theory, by Wilbert Slinkhard and read chapter one." Umbridge said. Yuo rose your hand. 

"Yes miss (l/n)?" Umbridge asked. 

"Just (y/n) madam but are we not going to learn any Defenses?" You asked. Umbridge gave a slight laugh. 

"And what would you be learning it for?" She asked. You looked at her. 

"The Death Eaters." You said. The class started to whisper.

"Class. Class. Settle down." Umbridge said and the class grew quiet. Umbridge looked at you and smiled. 

"My dear. The Death Eaters have never attacked with the fear of going to Azkaban. They wouldn't risk it." She said. You opened your mouth but she held her hand up, stopping you from speaking. You closed your mouth. 

"I'm sorry by dear, but there is no reason to use it. Please read your chapter." Umbridge said. You sighed, and opened your book. You didn't really read it, you just turned the pages every now and again. Once the bell rang, you heard your name and turned. It was Umbridge.

"Please come to my office." She said. You nodded and followed her. You looked around her office and saw a lot of pick and cats. 

"(y/n), please sit." She said and sat behind her desk. You did. 

"I understand your concern but I would appreciate it if you didn't scare my students." Umbridge said. You just nodded. She smiled. 

"I saw that Miss Parkinson was close to Mr. Malfoy. You must be upset about that. Is that the reason for your out burst?" Umbridge asked. You shook your head. 

"No. I broke up with him and when he started dating Pansy, we became friends again." You said. She nodded. 

"Well, maybe one day you and him can try again." She said. You wanted to shake your head. 

"Umm, sure." You said. She smiled. 

"You may go." She said. You nodded and left. Something about her didn't feel right. 

"(y/n)!" You heard. It was Fred and George and George was the one that called out to you. 

"Hey, Draco and Pansy said you were sent to Umbridge's office. Is everything OK?" Fred asked. You nodded.  

"Yeah, just asked me not to speak out in her class." You said. They sighed and took your hands, walking with you. 

"Well, that's better then getting a detention." George said. You nodded as you walked into the great hall. You sat at your table but you then looked and saw Pansy talking with Umbridge. Her back was turned to you but you could tell Pansy was upset because her shoulders were shaking. It was like she was crying. She then moved away and you saw tears. She walked up to Draco and said something. He stood up, looking shocked but Pansy ran from the great hall. You walked up to Draco and Saw Fred and George walking up also.

"Draco, what happened?" You asked. You saw he was crying. 

"Pansy dumped me." He said. You gasped and hugged him. He started to sod into your shoulder. 

"Fred, George, talk with Pansy." You said. They nodded and ran off.